lure suggestion for river fishing

Fish2day

hello raiders,

I will be going to Indonesia for a litte trip.

Last time I was there we fished fresh water prawns which have long blue nippers.

I also noticed there are lots of fresh water fish at the spot, but the water color is cloudy (slightly muddy), similar to Chao Praya river as comparison for those who have visited Bangkok and its river.

I'd like to try fishing with lures this time, and can anyone suggest what would be the best lure to use in with this water conditon.

Any idea?

I've never fished in Indonesia so take this with a pinch of salt, but I have found spinners (particularly in brass or gold colours) clean up in muddy freshwater rivers in nsw.

I'm not sure what it is about them but trout, redfin, yellowbelly and silver perch all seem to love them so they may be worth a shot on the fancy Indonesian fish.

Good luck.

I don't know the first thing about Indonesian fish or fishing but a good starting point that's the same everywhere is 'match the hatch'.

What about getting some soft plastics in the approximate size of the one's you tried for bait... like Atomic Prongs, Powerbait or Gulp Shrimps. Or maybe try Prawn Star lures???

You can get some bright colours as well as naturals to try out in the dirty water maybe??

Cheers, Slinky