Fiji

FlyFanatic

G'day,

Unsure if I'm allowed to ask this, so please PM me responses if they can't be posted in the forum section.

In June I turn 30. To commiserate this unfortunate end to my 20s, I've convinced my wife that I need a week in Fiji. With the aim of catching as many topical species as possible - focusing on game fishing, jigging and popping.

As such, I was hoping someone might be able to give me some pointers on:

1. Where to fish in Fiji? We plan on going in July. I hear the trade winds could be an issue at that time.

2. Who to fish with in Fiji? Recommendations on charter / trip operators etc would be great but can these please be PM'd to me. Hoping to spend somewhere around $3-$4k for the week with at least 4 days of fishing.

At the moment I have a few mates interested in coming but need to consider solo options as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't simply want to make any decisions based solely on web research.

Thanks heaps.

Cheers,

Travis

I am going to FIJI next week I stay at the Warick resort and spa on the coral coast about an hour from Suva..I go every year around this time.. I use a local bloke which is much cheaper but we do well every year.. If you want any more details PM me and i can fill you in.. Good luck and I look forward to all the great reports :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

I might jump on the bandwagon here, if I may.

Please send PM with suggestions.

My wife and I have a wedding to go to in Fiji in May 2012 - on Plantation Island - and we will no doubt stay there for a week or two. Does anybody know if there is a good sportfishing/gamefishing charter that operates out of Plantation Island, or do charters that operate out of somewhere else pick up at the island resorts?

PMs please.

Thanks,

Baz

I might jump on the bandwagon here, if I may.

Please send PM with suggestions.

My wife and I have a wedding to go to in Fiji in May 2012 - on Plantation Island - and we will no doubt stay there for a week or two. Does anybody know if there is a good sportfishing/gamefishing charter that operates out of Plantation Island, or do charters that operate out of somewhere else pick up at the island resorts?

PMs please.

Thanks,

Baz

Plantation Island offers its own game fishing as well as handline reef fishing and island hopping..So I would say you have it made..here is a link..