Beginner on the central coast

ornz

Hi Guys,

Im pretty new to fishing and am loving this site so far. I live on the central coast (Near Gosford) and have started doing Saturday morning fishing with the mates. This is all land based fishing and was wondering if anyone has some tips for Rigs and Locations close by worth fishing. We have started (as of this weekend) a bit of a competition for biggest catch / most caught for the year. So any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Guys,

Im pretty new to fishing and am loving this site so far. I live on the central coast (Near Gosford) and have started doing Saturday morning fishing with the mates. This is all land based fishing and was wondering if anyone has some tips for Rigs and Locations close by worth fishing. We have started (as of this weekend) a bit of a competition for biggest catch / most caught for the year. So any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

hi buddy, what area do you live in ?

you can catch some good bream around the gosford rail bridge at night on lightly weighted baits..

good luck..austral..:1fishing1:

mate me n will (another dude from this site) are going to entrance and munmorah on sunday. if your keen meet up with us and we can show you a few things to catch bream, flatties, whiting, mullet, garfish and blackfish. Do you own any lures? and what kind of rod/reel/line set up are you using? we will be doing land based so welcome to bring your mates if your keen.

Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Chris

Hey Chris,

Im Will...

If you are on this site and your mates are not. Then consider the competition that you guys have going already yours.

In fact, I would be upping the stakes with your mates.

The central coast is an awesome place to fish. Depending on what fish you are targeting, you will have to choose your rig, bait, line etc.

Let us know more details and Im sure many fishraiders on here will help out.

Will

Hey Chris,

Im Will...

If you are on this site and your mates are not. Then consider the competition that you guys have going already yours.

In fact, I would be upping the stakes with your mates.

The central coast is an awesome place to fish. Depending on what fish you are targeting, you will have to choose your rig, bait, line etc.

Let us know more details and Im sure many fishraiders on here will help out.

Will

Hey Will and Predator. Can't do sunday unfortunately as the mrs has planned something, but mostly targeting bream and flatties. Just got myself an 8ft spinner, one of those General type rods from fishing world. Im quite lacking in the lure space so any tips on what i should get for around the central coast would be good. I live at green point, so brisbane water will be a regular, with terrigal, avoca and the entrance up there too.

Chris

Hey Will and Predator. Can't do sunday unfortunately as the mrs has planned something, but mostly targeting bream and flatties. Just got myself an 8ft spinner, one of those General type rods from fishing world. Im quite lacking in the lure space so any tips on what i should get for around the central coast would be good. I live at green point, so brisbane water will be a regular, with terrigal, avoca and the entrance up there too.

Chris

Bream and Whiting are found all over brisbane waters.

You can use anything from poppers to worms.

Worms being preferred by whiting and pillies and/or prawns by bream.