Jewie off the rocks

sydneyfishoaddict

Hi raiders. Just wanna know if anyone had caught a jewie off the rocks. I always read reports jewie caught on the beach wharf boat but never off rocks. I normally fish off rocks for a while now and i never seen anyone caught one off the rocks. If anyone out there know a spot where i can catch one pls let me know. Thanks in advance.

Ty for the advice. Can you please tell me the spots i can try and catch one. Thanks. We normally go port kembla shellharbour and avoca. Also tried the northern beaches(whale collaroy curlcurl newport) but we keep catching the pelagics. Regards...ps...we are landbased coz we dont have a boat.

Jewies off the rocks at Port Kembla.

Jetty 4 Break wall : Get a few live Yakka's or fresh squid, head to the point. I've only ever caught them there after sun down, only problem is landing them, but since i like rock climbing i can usually get down closer the water than most peeps who fish there.

Jetty 6 Rat Hole : When you turn into Jetty 6 bear left. Park the car at what i believe is a power box. Live yakkas can be caught and thrown straight onto the hook here. Usually catch my Jews close to Sunset and just a bit after.

A shame Jetty 6 is closed, used to catch monster Jews off there.

Regs

Trung

My first Jewie off the stones was at Catherine Hill Bay (Near Swansea) it took the squid about three metres out from where I was standing and I hooked up within 30 seconds of the bait hitting the water. Point being you don't have to cast out that far to get in amongst 'em.

Mick

Edited by iMick

Try the ovens at South Whale Beach. It has big bream, drummer, kingies, bonnies, salmon, tailor , tuna and sometimes macks. It has some great jewies aswell. Its one of the most renowned rock fishing spots on the northern beaches. Worth a try will either liv eyakkas, squid or slimies. Fresh squid or bonito is also good.

Hi raiders. Just wanna know if anyone had caught a jewie off the rocks. I always read reports jewie caught on the beach wharf boat but never off rocks. I normally fish off rocks for a while now and i never seen anyone caught one off the rocks. If anyone out there know a spot where i can catch one pls let me know. Thanks in advance.

hey mate ,

got one last year at avoca rocks while im fishing for tailor in the night , my bait pilchard on gang hook cheers bangus