First Sambo

Kooks

I was up near newcastle yesterday doing some live baiting hoping for my first kingie when this Salmon (my fisrt) smashed my yakka. He went a over 65cm and was super thick. He was pretty greedy as my yakka would have been over 20 cm. I also dropped a kingie so I'm still on zero.

post-12654-094432400 1297581518_thumb.jpg

I instantly recognised where you were fishing from that photo. It was my favourite spots back in the 90's and we managed to get quite a few nice kings there. If you persist you are bound to get them. What's the water like down there? Up in Port Macquarie it is still incredibly cold inshore but hopefully the warmer stuff is not too far away.

Great catch. Salmon fight as well as most fish do and one that size should have been a lot of fun. Many people say "but its only a salmon - they're no good to eat". Salmon just over a kilo are good to eat if you bleed them straight away and eat them fresh. Fillet them, skin them and cut out all of the red meat from along the centre line. Fry them in butter and eat - much better than a lot of people say.