Mahi Mahi Mayhem FIJI

Yarraone

Well I am back safe and sound and here is the full report with photos.. :thumbup:

I got to FIJI on monday morning and within an hour of arriving I had a crew together and booked to go out on the Wedensday afternoon..We headed out through the reef at about 2pm all ready to go.. It wasnt long when we saw the birds working and tried them for some fin and small tuna..Withinn 20 min the 1st rod goes off zzzzzzzzz... then we have a quadruple hook up with some good stripeys :thumbup: We continued with the birds to make sure we all had some fun as the weather was mooving in..

Then the call was made lets change lures and go for the MAHI MAHI..The boys puts straight there... :yahoo: Within the 2 hours on the way home we had 4 great Mahi Mahi before the weather set in and we headed for home.. The forth mahi was a real TEAM EFFORT..

post-6381-057498600 1297622036_thumb.jpgpost-6381-069509200 1297622046_thumb.jpg

post-6381-007448500 1297622089_thumb.jpg

Zac had fished before , but not like this... so we put him in the chair when he hooked up to his firsy BULL Mahi Mahi..It went for a huge run... :1yikes: then we guided him and he started getting him back......SNAP!........ NO not the line but the winch cleats, so the reel feel from the rod.....!!! So we had 3 of us holding the reel, Zac winding the reel handle, and one of the deckies pulling the line in buy hand..It was a great thing to see and I will be putting a video on the net later today.. so stay tune for the link... We managed to land the fish and all celebrated..

Here is the video link...

Part 1 the fight..

Part 2 the landing...

post-6381-026252700 1297622079_thumb.jpgpost-6381-035727700 1297622113_thumb.jpg

post-6381-086033000 1297622147_thumb.jpg

In total for the day it was 4 great Mahi mahi and 15 good solid stripy's

post-6381-089627500 1297622157_thumb.jpg

POSSIBLE RECORD STRIPEY

On my last day I had to go out again as there were reports of yellow fin between 60kg's and 100kgs..So I grabed another fisho and of we went on the last day of the trip..weather was not the best but we were so keen..We found the birds and straight away there was that sound...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...... I grabed the rod and sat down for this one has we a a big swell and chop...This one had some wieght and the call was yellow fin....

I got this one in the boat, and couldnt beleive my eyes I siad outloud..."RECORD FISH" It was a stripey..90cm and going 11.5kg WOW :yahoo:

post-6381-019770100 1297622170_thumb.jpg

post-6381-079565600 1297622185_thumb.jpg

These guys always put me on the fish and they didnt let me down this year..I am already looking at going back later this year when the season realy hots up with the bill fish and wahooo.. I hope you enjoy the pic's

Edited by yarraone

I KNOW THE CORAL COAST WELL, FISHED OF PACIFIC HARBOUR PLENTY OF WAHOO,,MY MRS CAUGHT A HOO GOING 43KG.....WORLD RECORD WAHOO OUT THERE, ONLY PROBLEM, PLENTY OF NOAHS. WHEREABOUTS ALONG THE COAST U FISH, WAS THAT A CHARTER...CHEERS

PS ALSO GREAT GTs OUT THERE ON POPPERS ALONG THE EDGE OF THE MAIN REEF WHICH CIRCLES THE MAIN ISLAND.

I KNOW THE CORAL COAST WELL, FISHED OF PACIFIC HARBOUR PLENTY OF WAHOO,,MY MRS CAUGHT A HOO GOING 43KG.....WORLD RECORD WAHOO OUT THERE, ONLY PROBLEM, PLENTY OF NOAHS. WHEREABOUTS ALONG THE COAST U FISH, WAS THAT A CHARTER...CHEERS

PS ALSO GREAT GTs OUT THERE ON POPPERS ALONG THE EDGE OF THE MAIN REEF WHICH CIRCLES THE MAIN ISLAND.

I stayed at the wriwick so i was about 40min drive from Pacofoc harbour.. and it was a local that does charters

OMG - I just jizzed in my pants after see those whoopers! Would have been great fun.

Great work yarraone... i'll need to get the charter details from you,

Trung

PM sent mate :thumbup:

I am thinking of going back over in August or September when the Wahoo and marlin are on the bite :thumbup:

I have the accomodation all sorted for Between AU$15 and AU$80 per night per person depending on how many comforts you would like ... so i just have to sort ouot the air fares.. :yahoo:

If anyone would like to join me???