Snap swivels

tonez

Hey guys.. I am new to posting (well this is my first) but I have been a keen reader for a while.

Just wondering if anyone can help me with advice on what effect (if any) snap swivels have on trolling hard body lures and flicking plastics. Is it better to tie the lure/plastic straight to the leader? Any help will be appreciated. I mainly fish the harbour.

Cheers

Tonez,

Mate are you talking about a snap swivel straight to the lure?

I would not use one especially throwing lures and plastics for Bream and flathead etc, the swivel will affect the lure action badly. I use a leftys loop knot when tying leader to lures, allows the lure to have the correct action.

Im sure there is a link here on this site to show you how to tie a leftys loop.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Knuckle

mate when im trolling minnows or casting minnows or metals i usually use a snap swivel so i can change lures frequently. For soft plastics though i use a loop knot. With soft plastic fishing, as mentioned above a swivel will hinder the action of the lure plus fishing with soft plastics is more of a finesse style of fishing. the lure is not moving very quickly in the water which will give the fish more time to see anything shifty.

If i use smaller hard body/minnows/popper/metals i use a loop knot also.

Hope this helps,

Cheers