Worth the trip

Noodles

Went for a troll off Swansea late yesterday. Started out with a couple of decent stripies then on my way back in I went straight past the FAD and the little green Pakula was smashed. 1.2m and 7kg Mahi Mahi. Yumm.

Got a Mack Tuna and a Bonito in close to the Island.

Bit bumpy but good to watch the storms over land from 20 odd k's out.

Edited by Noodles

Went for a troll off Swansea late yesterday. Started out with a couple of decent stripies than on my way back in I went straight past the FAD and the little green Pakula was smashed. 1.2m and 7kg Mahi Mahi. Yumm.

Got a Mack Tuna and a Bonito in close to the Island.

Bit bumpy but good to watch the storms over land from 20 odd k's out.

Well done on the dolphinfish,i,m still to catch one this year :thumbup: .

chris.

top lookin dollie there well done

cheers john

Thanks, 4.2 Kg of boneless Mahi Mahi chunks is very nice.

Tried again yesterday for only stripies and a large Salmon in close on the way home. I took the son out this time for a bit of sporting fun but it was very sloppy from early. We were up before dawn and on the water as the sun came up but the Nor-Easter was already up too.

As we were approaching the FAD with about 500 metres to go, the same little green Pakula lure was absolutely smashed but the rod justed buckled and jumped in the holder and fish plus lure parted company. All my son could say was "Dad, Dad. Something big just broke the line". I dont know whether the line had wrapped the rod tip or perhaps it had a knick in it from the dollie the other day but the drag didn't even click. So whatever it is, it now has my little Pakula with a 2 hook rig and 2 metres of Momoi attached.

I then put a cheapy white redhead deep diver on the same line only to have it smashed and stolen as well. I can't explain why as the drag was set soft both times. I stopped using that rod until I can check the line out. Then put a new Halco Laser Pro 160 in White Redhead on for my son. He hooks up a couple of Stripies and then something more substantial which immediately took him deep. This is something different I'm thinking. Then gone. He winds up to find the front trebles straightened. I would expect better quality for new out of the packet or maybe it was just a big fish.

I boated everything I hooked the other day and yesterday lost more than half including gear. Very odd.

Still a good day on the water, even though a bit pricey, and back before the heat set in.

Could have been a spanish mackeral. Try using a wire trace.

Could have been anything. I don't think it was bitten off, just snappo. The 7 P's of education (and fishing), Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Down at the ramp this arvo and there are reports of all sorts. Plenty of big black lady lizards in Lake Macquarie as well. I saw 6 from 3 boats all over 80cm. 1 per fisherman which is cool for all the C&R fanatics.

Edited by Noodles