Rod Holders

Lightweight

Just after a bit of advice on a reliable system to mount some rods onto my console, i have seen some bream boats setup with some basic rod holders that stand vertically. Anyone use this method or have any online stores i could have a look at? I am sick of storing $$$'s of rods and reels on the bloody floor of the boat..

LW

G'day LW

I store mine vertically and think it is the best way to do so. I have seen a few rod tips done in rod racks and if they are not set out correctly they make a mess of tangles if u put multiple rigged rods in there. My set up is simple, just a few berkley vertical rod holders. sometimes I take up to 9 rods out + who ever is with me and this keeps all the rods in good order. up to 12 rods can be stored this way.

post-114-1117011464_thumb.jpg

yeah they are about $20 each set. I don't think the locables are necessary, I have been around the heads at a rate of knots without rods falling out. Just purchase a pack of s/s self tappers as the screws provided rust.

Permission to board Captain?

As I play in a wee boat, space is paramount. I Shadapted the rod holders by screwing it to a piece of ply and rivetted alloy two guides onto the boat. It's a little rough but I find the system very handy. If I am going under low bridges or branches, I jsut slip the board and all rods out of the guides and lie her down. When I get home, I slip the whole rack out of the boat and hang it on the wall. Saves a stack fiddling about

post-413-1117319644_thumb.jpg

post-413-1117319682_thumb.jpg