Pimpe'd Out The Boat

Brooker435

Raiders,

Just thought I would share some information on my Power Tilt/Trim conversion hopefully it may be of use to someone.

After owning my boat for close to 1 year now and being sick and tired of lifting up the old 50hp outboard decided that it was time to do something about it before I throw my back out or something along those lines.

I tried the affordable way trying to source a second hand unit or salvage one off another outboard and convert it to fit.

started to ring around the wreckers and was getting frustrated as they would only have part of what I needed and if they had what I needed were asking way too much for something 20 years old.

Most of them just said to replace the outboard as that works out better in the long run and it probably does... but cut a long story short I made the decision to purchase a CMC unit as I have heard alot of good things about them and if I ever replaced the outboard I can keep the CMC unit as it just bolts to your transom and the outboard to it.

The whole job took me about 1 day and a half to complete most of the time was spent thinking about how to lift the motor safely being a 50hp she has a bit of weight to her and I did not have a engine hoist so I ended up resting the outboard on a pallet, placed a trolley under the pallet and strapped the outboard to the trolley and pallet, Then I used a car jack to raise the front of the boat so all the weight of the motor was on the pallet and then I un-done the bolts and lowered the front of the boat hoping that the engine would stay on the trolley it worked like a charm so I was pretty pleased with myself :biggrin2:post-9366-084338400 1299241169_thumb.jpg

I then had to mount the PT-130 to the Boat I made sure to clean off all the silicone from the old Bolts and re-do them and tighten it up as it never leaked before and I intend to keep it that way.

post-9366-014039500 1299241429_thumb.jpg

Next step was to mount the Outboard to the unit fairly simple just had to make sure I allowed for the height difference as the CMC sits a little bit higher so I had to move the Outboard down to accommodate this..

post-9366-088690800 1299241578_thumb.jpg

This is where the fun started because I had to re-connect the steering cable I knew that this would be tricky but did not know that the steering cable did not have much room for adjustment but I did as much as I could but it was still way to tight so the only way around it was to make up a bracket for the steering this is the part where the steering cables connect to the motor.

It took me another Hour to make up the bracket actually 15 mins to make it and about 45 mins checking my measurements time and time again as the distance between the holes has to be spot on for the steering to work at its best.

post-9366-003020600 1299242282_thumb.jpg

Now that was all out of the way I then had to wire it all up I must say this Kit is awesome everything is ready to go out of the Box but of course in this instance my Boat was not ready!!!

The wire kit is complete all the relays are connected all you have to do is mount the switch, run the wires and connect it up to the battery and then just plug it in!!!! :thumbup:

post-9366-067993900 1299242567_thumb.jpgpost-9366-027450700 1299242602_thumb.jpg

Then it was the moment of truth powered it up and it works like a charm just need to get out on the water :yahoo:

post-9366-015398700 1299242723_thumb.jpg!

Here is a photo of the Kit out of the Box

post-9366-066099800 1299243226_thumb.jpg

Tight Lines & Screaming Drags!!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Edited by beginner

Nice job mate where do you get these units and how much cheers

Thanks Coasty,

I got the unit direct from the Importer up here in qld.

Since your in NSW I would run it past Huey & Huett Marine (Site Sponsor) as they may be able to get them also.

Mine Cost $1100 as its the heavy duty one rated up to 130hp

you can get a smaller version PT-35 rated up to 35hp they are around the $800 mark.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Nathan

Edited by Fezza
Removed non sponsor link