Can bait my own hook.

Jodester71

I have been fishing for yrs, never used lures. Finding bait is too costly and well to be honest, I have hardly had much luck in the last 6 months.

I am hoping someone can teach me lure purchases and techniques. I tend to fish mostly off Balmoral jetty. Sometimes out @ Old mans Hat and around Manly. Also fish around The spit.

So, any new advice or even a tag along on a Thursday or Friday would be appreciated.

Jodes

• 2 weeks later...

I have been fishing for yrs, never used lures. Finding bait is too costly and well to be honest, I have hardly had much luck in the last 6 months.

I am hoping someone can teach me lure purchases and techniques. I tend to fish mostly off Balmoral jetty. Sometimes out @ Old mans Hat and around Manly. Also fish around The spit.

So, any new advice or even a tag along on a Thursday or Friday would be appreciated.

Jodes

grab a few metals, there should be some bonito around or salmon.

Edited by Novicefisherman

• 1 month later...

Bait can be expensive, but lures can be more costly, when you start to find different colours work in different places, and you need different jig heads for different plastics, then take into consideration snags.... Lord knows how many blades iv lost.

If you want to start real basic, get yourself a pack of squidgy slick rigs, they'll be under $10 bucks, hit some sandy areas working them in different ways, but more so one constant firm pull with the shads so the tail activates and does it's job.

• 1 month later...

Jodes

In my opinion lures are far more expensive than bait fishing by the time you get a decent collection together. The real trick is too catch your own bait. Find somewhere you can pump nippers, learn to catch squid, take some bread along and catch some mullet, yakkas or slimies. As well as being cheaper you will also catch more and better qulity fish than with the baught stuff. Once you learn you'll never look back.

R