Beach Fishing with the kids

The Poacher

Went down the local beach with the kids again - and got some fish - again. Its been a great summer. Theres no secret to the success, I buy $10 worth of worms, using #6 long shanks and fish a high - ish tide. THe kids love it. I often just hook the fish, let it settle down, and call them over to hold the rod. Soon they get bored and want to wind it in, only to realise there is a fish on - they think they are gurus!!! One day soon, I wont get a bite, and none of us will know what to do! Its going to happen sooner or later. Anyway, get out there raiders.

The Poacher

post-5073-005867100 1299489786_thumb.jpg

Well done there Poacher, looks like the kids r haveing a great time with the sand & even some fish, the smiles on the kidds say it all well done

cheers john

Edited by johnv

Went down the local beach with the kids again - and got some fish - again. Its been a great summer. Theres no secret to the success, I buy $10 worth of worms, using #6 long shanks and fish a high - ish tide. THe kids love it. I often just hook the fish, let it settle down, and call them over to hold the rod. Soon they get bored and want to wind it in, only to realise there is a fish on - they think they are gurus!!! One day soon, I wont get a bite, and none of us will know what to do! Its going to happen sooner or later. Anyway, get out there raiders.

The Poacher

Nice work. The beach is such a great environment for the kids and a fish. I take my little girls down on the beach where I can fish, they can play in the sand & squeal the beach down when I hook up a fish and reel it in for them to see lol.

Thanks all,

Mikey R - I promise they are not high standards. I honestly can't believe how good the beach has been this year, and how easy. You got to get out there!!! One trick I am happy to share is that I do use 8lb fluorocarbon leader. Snapper and jewfish are hard to catch, but not whiting off the beach on a worm.

Anyway Mikey, hope to see you soon,

Steve