Umina

capt snoopy

For you LB action off the beach best fish the Southern end next to the headland (in front of the Big4 caravan park- there is usually a good gutter that extends from the headland to around half way to Ocean Beach)

best to use live beach worms or pippies for Whiting/Bream/Flatties/Dart- you can collect worms yourself or buy them from one of the local tackle shops (Im pretty sure Ettalong bait'n'tackle sells live beach worms but get in early they sell out very quickly)... if you cannot get beach worms then dig for pippies or use live blood worms or live nippers (yabbies)

Use light gear say MAX 10lb all thats needed and light leads and long shank hooks for best result.

Good luck

Anthony

:D

We stay up there regularly. Check out the recent posts on Patonga in teh Fishing chat section, or do a simple search on Patonga, also do a search on "Broken Bay" and "Brisbane Water". Biggest and best, and busiest, boat ramps are at Lion's park in Woy Woy. If I'm going into Brisbane Water or Ettalong (Half Tide Rocks) I use the Blackwall boat ramp as it's a bit closer to Umina and the Bay area. If I'm going to Lion Island or Patonga I launch at Patonga. It's a one lane, long, steep ramp, but never any trouble with lots of people, or being busy. Good luck, Garry.

Just a note to be careful at the Patonga ramp for the surcharge on a Southerly wind/swell. It can make for an interesting launch and retrieve unless you are aware of it. I have seen a few boats land on the ramp and a few cars get swamped also. its a tough drive and hard on a vehicle getting up and down the hill into Patonga from Ettalong. Honestly, i would launch at Lions Park (Woy Woy), by the time you had hauled the boat up the hill and down into Patonga Ramp you would already be in the hawkesbury fishing in your boat without the stress, especially when the swell is running.

Not trying to turn people off Patonga ramp, just giving a heads up as i have had first hand experience with the above (except the boat on the ramp and car part) but have had a nice set of very cooked and warped brake rotors on my car ($$$$) from that very steep downhill road(goat track) into Patonga. However of course, that choice is entirely yours as to where you go.