Fitting Auxilary Motor Bracket

trev

Hi All,

Quick question. Has anyone here ever fitted one of those adjustable auxilary motor mounts to their transom?

I have a Brooker 450 Safari side console and want to fit a small Honda 4stroke for trolling in lake jyndabyne. The 40hp 2st Yammy gets clogged when idling for long periods in the alpine conditions.

I was after suggestions for backing board(inside transom) materials and also if I should put a plate/board between motor bracket and the painted transom to try and prevent rubbing and any potential electrolisis.

Anyone with any suggestion What has worked form them or what has not worked/what they would not do again.

Cheers

Trev

Would an electric motor be more practical for your purpose? less wait, less fuel, less hassle, just my opinion, also cheaper.

Fester,

Thanks for the suggestion I had the same idea. My boat already has a bow mount minkotta but it is just a little too slow at top speed for trolling tassie devils. I don't know if the battery I have needs replacing either cause the last two trips to Jindy drained the minkotta battery very quickly when used.

I already have the little Honda 4st and bracket so $$ is already spent just after some fitting tips.

Cheers

Trev

I would be making a plate out of either alloy or stainless depending on whether its a glass or alloy hull, made from 5mm plate so its spreads the weight of motor across large area, IO would also be using a smear of sikaflex between bracket and hull to limit vibrations. thats just my opinion though. also use sikaflex on bolt shanks to seal holes and nylock nuts so they dont vibrate loose

I would be making a plate out of either alloy or stainless depending on whether its a glass or alloy hull, made from 5mm plate so its spreads the weight of motor across large area, IO would also be using a smear of sikaflex between bracket and hull to limit vibrations. thats just my opinion though. also use sikaflex on bolt shanks to seal holes and nylock nuts so they dont vibrate loose

Thanks for tips

Cheers

Trev