New Yabby Pump

cut_loose

Hey guys

My dad has had his Alvey Yabby Pump for over 25 years now, but the washers are starting to wear away, sure we could fix it but dad thinks it's time to upgrade, it's only the standard size one.

Without a doubt we are going to buy another Alvey, just wondering what the king size one will set us back and where can you purchase them?

Thanks

No need to upgrade there mate you can get an alvey washer repair kit of online shop will set you back around $10 bucks just go to online shop and type in alvey yabbie pump.An alvey pump will last you two life times.Ive owned my yabbie pump for over 20 years which was given to me by an old salt and it is showing no signs of wear .

mate i recently purchased a new king size alvey pump. Paid $60 for the large one from the local tackle shop though i have seen the prices range from 60-80 bucks. Most tackle shops have them though i shopped around abit for the best price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cut a piece of thong.

Use your pump to mark it out and cut a smidgen bigger.

Dave

Correct. Place rubber thong on a piece of timber. Remove the shaft from the yabby pump.Place pump on thong and rotate while applying strong downward pressure. Result, a perfectly fitting replacement washer for your pump. Cost, about 8 bucks for the thongs from BigW and you will be able to get about 8 - 10 washers out of a pair. Net cost per pump upgrade about $1, and you get to do it yourself.

Tuffy ( aka Macgyver)

Edited by Tuffy