Botany bay 11.3.2011

jim bream

Hi raiders with the third outing of the season decided to go regardless of the small tides so i picked Friday night no wind not like the last time with worms and chicken again the worms worked well with the whiting and the chicken caught all the bream and two legal snapper now i fished kurnell which is very good spot at nights been there number of times with nobody there this time i was amazed with more than 10 boats in the area there was one idiot there he circled the boat once then another two times coming with in 10 meters of my boat very annoyed but what can you do i shouted out the third time and off he went obviously trying to see what i caught it was slow going but managed to catch a few would of liked to stay longer but one of the boys had work in the morning about 4 half hours spent fishing was not a bad trip looking to get out a bit more. cheers Jim bream

post-6195-065808800 1299984874_thumb.jpg

post-6195-043902200 1299985063_thumb.jpg

Nice catch Jimmy,

I rarely seem to get legal reds.

They are always 29cm and gotta go back.

I swear they must be smiling at me, just to taunt me as I let them go.

I bet you got more stingrays than there were boats on that spot at night, eh?

Now you know what it's like when you get those guys 'orbiting' your boat, then anchor so close you can hear them breathing.....

They should call their boat 'the toolshed'.....

Tony

Nice feed of quality fish there Jimmy, Looks like Botany is firing up, must give it a go one of these nights. Cheers cg.

George give it ago i will tell you were to go ive told the groper but hasn't gone yet if you get the right night you will hit big numbers out there anchor one spot and that's it chicken hasn't failed me yet. cheers Jim bream.

i only got 24 plenty fish still there watch out for the guy with the big head lamps he thinks hes going shooting .

Ha , i saw him , big lights for sure , he left at 9 pm and we finished at 10 , got 23 bream between the 2 of us , we fished 330 till 730 and then didnt turn a reel once it was dark .

Ha , i saw him , big lights for sure , he left at 9 pm and we finished at 10 , got 23 bream between the 2 of us , we fished 330 till 730 and then didnt turn a reel once it was dark .

well you done well what day did you fish and how many boats were there?

well you done well what day did you fish and how many boats were there?

I fished on sat arvo , there were 4 boats but 3 were with me ,the total from the 3 boats was 55 bream and 2 whiting , the whiting are not in the spot that i fish , its too deep

I fished on sat arvo , there were 4 boats but 3 were with me ,the total from the 3 boats was 55 bream and 2 whiting , the whiting are not in the spot that i fish , its too deep

i don't no if you heard but today media release says on Saturday oil slick 2 kilometers spread down the bay from kurnell refinery as boats tried to disperse it and its ended up on the beach leaving a black oil stain

i don't no if you heard but today media release says on Saturday oil slick 2 kilometers spread down the bay from kurnell refinery as boats tried to disperse it and its ended up on the beach leaving a black oil stain

Hey Jimmy,

That is certainly bad news.

Looking at the map of affected areas, it's pretty much the southside and middle of the bay.

All of our fishing spots for bream'n'whiting.

For those of you wanting to read about it, look here:

http://www.villagepic.com.au/Kurnell-NSW/Caltex-oil-slick-threat-averted.html

I just hope that it's not gonna affect the fishing too much...

..and nothing was said about the desalination plant and if it sucked up any of the polluted water....

If weather permints, I'll go out this weekend and perform some fishing experiments - let you know if the fishing has suffered...

I just hope they aren't all going to be 'black' bream....

Tony

Tony yes bad news for sure who nos how the spill will affect the fishing but that spot will slow down in the next few weeks and we will have to move to other parts of the bay i will not fish for another 3 weeks hope fully things settle by then black bream plenty this week just get a can of degreaser .

Edited by Jim bream