Clifton Gardens Squid

Morgo85

Hi guys,

Long time reader, first time poster. Been wanting to chase some jewies, and considering i just bought myself a jewie rig, thought it woul be a good idea to learn how to catch some squid!

So I bought a few new squid jigs and Went down to Clifton gardens tonight to try and catch some squid. Managed to land 7 all up and dropped a couple more.

All were caught on a pink yamashita jig (2.5g) with my mate trying every other colour I had with no luck!

Now to try and convert them into a big Jew!!!

I have been noticing that squid are harder to come by these days. I have used various sizes and collies and still no squid. I see them swimming around but they just won't take the jig. Also the ones that I can see are pretty small (about the size of a pillie). I usually fish (landbased only) Yowie Bay, Lilli Pilli, Woolich and Greenwich. Do you guys know of any spots that are producing decent sized squid?

Hi guys,

Long time reader, first time poster. Been wanting to chase some jewies, and considering i just bought myself a jewie rig, thought it woul be a good idea to learn how to catch some squid!

So I bought a few new squid jigs and Went down to Clifton gardens tonight to try and catch some squid. Managed to land 7 all up and dropped a couple more.

All were caught on a pink yamashita jig (2.5g) with my mate trying every other colour I had with no luck!

Now to try and convert them into a big Jew!!!

Hi Morgo85,

R u landbased or in boat? Never have a luck in Clifton Garden.

Cheers, Phil

I was just fishing off the wharf. First time I have really had a crack at them myself. I found that retrieving the jig by giving it 2 or 3 quick stabs then letting it sink for around 10 sec in between worked best.