Muddies

MannY

So work says, "we need to travel to Gold Coast to do some installations for 2 days". I jumped to it and the first thing that came in my mind was fishing.... how can I kill two birds with one stone :)

Flying up, I wondered if I can maybe catch muddies instead of fish.. and started to get really hungry thinking about it.

I got one witches hat and started to crab while casting for some fish.

In the end I ended up with 4 bream between 30 -38cms.. and a good feed of some massive muddies..

post-9118-099295800 1300970938_thumb.jpg

post-9118-090698200 1300970951_thumb.jpg

post-9118-056049100 1300970981_thumb.jpg

Some very nice muddies there, did they destroy the witches hats?

unfortunately they did, though I was more worried about my fingers! I'm not that skilled in the art of grabbing a it your hands.

Muddies arnt rare in Sydney you just need to know where to look !

River kid

Really!! I'd already tried the Spencer twice but failed. Probably u would like to share some spots if u don't mind and u can pm me at any time.

Cheers, Phil

Really!! I'd already tried the Spencer twice but failed. Probably u would like to share some spots if u don't mind and u can pm me at any time.

Cheers, Phil

Maybe he is talking about the Sydney fish markets, or Cabramatta or any Chinese Restaurant in Sydney, they usually have them in a tank in their windows.

But I've seen people post pics (on fishraider) of the muddies they've caught in the mangroves area of Botany Bay (Kurnell and Towra area), just do a quick search.