after the seq floods

fishkiller

don't know but they are slow coming back to the southern moreton bay islands and water is still fairly discoloured on the out going tide.in five trips over the last month have scored a zero for trip one, another zero for trip 2 but put back 3 sand flatties and 5 duskies , a 68cm flathead on trip 3 plus 20 odd bream,tarwhine that were 1 or 2 cm short of legal, a lone whiting 34cm on trip 4, released back to the wild as i had nothing else to make a decent feed,and last friday a small shark,a bream and a forktail catfish, the catty was very tasty after being in the bay waters ,plus 2 snapper that were 31 cm plus that have to go back to grow some more.noticed a lot more turtles than usual,all 3 species working the channels between the islands,silt from the floods must be deep on the bottom of the bay.prawns are firing at present,some locals i talked with said they have been getting 5 or 6 kilos a session.hope the fish thicken in number for winter.

don't know but they are slow coming back to the southern moreton bay islands and water is still fairly discoloured on the out going tide.in five trips over the last month have scored a zero for trip one, another zero for trip 2 but put back 3 sand flatties and 5 duskies , a 68cm flathead on trip 3 plus 20 odd bream,tarwhine that were 1 or 2 cm short of legal, a lone whiting 34cm on trip 4, released back to the wild as i had nothing else to make a decent feed,and last friday a small shark,a bream and a forktail catfish, the catty was very tasty after being in the bay waters ,plus 2 snapper that were 31 cm plus that have to go back to grow some more.noticed a lot more turtles than usual,all 3 species working the channels between the islands,silt from the floods must be deep on the bottom of the bay.prawns are firing at present,some locals i talked with said they have been getting 5 or 6 kilos a session.hope the fish thicken in number for winter.

Just wish they would hurry up.. Im planning a trip up there as soon as your reports get better. Is accomodation still the same price??