New combo

JET01

Just got a Stradic Ci4 1000 and a shimano T-curve Flight 6-6 1-4kg rod. Put some 6lb Sunline on it, and still getting used to how thin the line is. Got a massive wind knot yesterday on the 3rd cast. Then smooth sailing after that.

I feel like i'm fishing with nothing in my hand its so light.

Great setup. I love getting new gear!:thumbup:

Just got a Stradic Ci4 1000 and a shimano T-curve Flight 6-6 1-4kg rod. Put some 6lb Sunline on it, and still getting used to how thin the line is. Got a massive wind knot yesterday on the 3rd cast. Then smooth sailing after that.

I feel like i'm fishing with nothing in my hand its so light.

Great setup. I love getting new gear!:thumbup:

Hi jet01

I have just purchased the t curve 661 2-5kg and matched it with a stradic ci4 2500 and also used the sun line rock fish 6lb on it, did u use mono to back the reel and are u using a leader on it

It Is a very light set up, so I am looking forward to using it

David

The joys of fishing with light gear, I'v watched my combos go down in weight class over the years, and my favourite outfit is a 1000 size reel on a 2-4kg rod with 4lb fireline... I dont care if I get busted off anymore, I just LOVE have the drag go crazy with a just legal King on the hook :)

• 2 weeks later...

Went out last weekend with 2 -4 kg t curve stratic ci4 with 6 lb line and leader what a great set up, thisbis by far the best light spin set up I have used managed to catch a bream about 800g using a blade lure and was just the best

The joys of fishing with light gear, I'v watched my combos go down in weight class over the years, and my favourite outfit is a 1000 size reel on a 2-4kg rod with 4lb fireline... I dont care if I get busted off anymore, I just LOVE have the drag go crazy with a just legal King on the hook :)

You're not wrong at all... I was out in Gunnamatta Bay yesterday and the drag clicker on my 2500 Stradic Ci4 broke... I caught a bream shortly after. It put up a great fight, but without the zippy noise of the drag, I didn't feel the same satisfaction for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

You're not wrong at all... I was out in Gunnamatta Bay yesterday and the drag clicker on my 2500 Stradic Ci4 broke... I caught a bream shortly after. It put up a great fight, but without the zippy noise of the drag, I didn't feel the same satisfaction for some reason.

I sort felt the same with my baitcasters, but then I realized baitcasters have their own sound.... Not as good as the clicker on an egg beater, but still good enough ;)