Baitcaster advice

mhiley

I have a pflueger trion 4-7kg baitcaster rod but don't have a baitcaster reel to match with it

I only want to spend around $100 on a reel and am keen for some advice on what to get please.

I will be chasing kingies, snapper, salmon, big flathead etc.

Could be hard with that price range but hopefully there's something decent out there for me.

Thanks!!!

I went through the exercise recently ,

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=54475&st=0&p=393148&hl=baitcaster&fromsearch=1entry393148

There is not too much around for $100 , good reels start around $150 & go up from there.

Try the dept stores or the auction sites you may find something reasonable.

Geoff

Edited by slinkymalinky

I have a pflueger trion 4-7kg baitcaster rod but don't have a baitcaster reel to match with it

I only want to spend around $100 on a reel and am keen for some advice on what to get please.

I will be chasing kingies, snapper, salmon, big flathead etc.

Could be hard with that price range but hopefully there's something decent out there for me.

Thanks!!!

I would get a Curado 200E7 - from the US shipped it will cost ~ $170-190.

Hi mate...

I belive that the new Shimano Caenan baitcaster is the way to go, that shipped from the US I belive is about $100, or just over,and about $140 fom your local tackle store.... or you could even go the Shimano Coriolis or Citica which are even cheaper still, but they will serve you well, my first Baitcaster was Shimano Callisto, its a about 2 years old now and has had frequent use and although I dont use it as often now, it still goes fine...

It is nice to have higher end reels, but the reels I just mentioned will do a fantastic job, Shimano offer reliability at a reasonable price...Lower end Daiwa reels dont do nearly as good as what you'd get in a Shimano reel.

Cheers, I hope iv helped.