Huge fish caught in kayak

arpie

Check out this video of fishing in a Scottish Loch ..... after a thoroughly amusing introduction ...... the fight is on - a massive skate!

You can see more great yak captures here as well as terrific ideas & info on setting up an offshore yak,

http://dizzybigfish.co.uk

Cheers & enjoy

Roberta

Check out this video of fishing in a Scottish Loch ..... after a thoroughly amusing introduction ...... the fight is on - a massive skate!

You can see more great yak captures here as well as terrific ideas & info on setting up an offshore yak,

http://dizzybigfish.co.uk

Cheers & enjoy

Roberta

Roberta that is bloody crazy!! but awesome :074:

Dont you also do a bit of Yak fishing? whats your PB from the yak?

Regards

....Dont you also do a bit of Yak fishing?....

Yeah, I do a bit!! :biggrin2: Quite a bit! :074:

.....whats your PB from the yak?.....

Hmmm, that's a hard one - I NEARLY boated a 1m flattie, but its head wouldn't fit in the net & shook her head & got off ......

Haven't landed a jew, kingie or barra yet ......... so I guess my biggest would be an 80cm flattie a year or so ago, some 40cm bream & some mid 40s blackfish. Each is a 'pb' in its own class, so difficult to choose which one gave the most excitement! Probably the blackfish, cos they fight SO dirty!! I was busted off 3 times during the Forster Fishing Carnival the other week - and I know they would have been closer to 50cm than 40cm for a blackie!! Dreams are free! :1prop:

ROberta

Imagine if he took it home - that's an AWFUL LOT OF FISH & CHIPS!!!

....Dont you also do a bit of Yak fishing?....

Yeah, I do a bit!! :biggrin2: Quite a bit! :074:

.....whats your PB from the yak?.....

Hmmm, that's a hard one - I NEARLY boated a 1m flattie, but its head wouldn't fit in the net & shook her head & got off ......

Haven't landed a jew, kingie or barra yet ......... so I guess my biggest would be an 80cm flattie a year or so ago, some 40cm bream & some mid 40s blackfish. Each is a 'pb' in its own class, so difficult to choose which one gave the most excitement! Probably the blackfish, cos they fight SO dirty!! I was busted off 3 times during the Forster Fishing Carnival the other week - and I know they would have been closer to 50cm than 40cm for a blackie!! Dreams are free! :1prop:

ROberta

Imagine if he took it home - that's an AWFUL LOT OF FISH & CHIPS!!!

wouldnt supise me if the local mcdonalds bought it off him and more 'fillet-o-fish' burgers lol. im thinking of getting into kayak fishing for smaller estuary systems, they look really fun and can get into some pretty tight places. how do you steer them ones which have pedals i been losing sleep trying to figure it out

.... how do you steer them ones which have pedals i been losing sleep trying to figure it out.....

Most good yaks have either a hand controlled or foot controlled rudder system. If the yak doesn't have a rudder, you just use your paddle - 2 right hand paddles = going right!!

Mullo up has a terrific yak up for sale right now on the classifieds - leccie motor, fish finder included!! Check it out!

Roberta

.... how do you steer them ones which have pedals i been losing sleep trying to figure it out.....

Most good yaks have either a hand controlled or foot controlled rudder system. If the yak doesn't have a rudder, you just use your paddle - 2 right hand paddles = going right!!

Mullo up has a terrific yak up for sale right now on the classifieds - leccie motor, fish finder included!! Check it out!

Roberta

Thanks Roberta.

Cheers, Stan