I JUST SCORED MY FIRST JEW'S !

Mr.KingSpooled

Jez,

Congrats on the catch!!! :)

I've got a day off tomorrow.... you've just motivated me! lol

Kelso beach?!? damn... thought you always fish near the pylons... guess not?

Phil

Yeah i usually fish the pilons, but when i went up last week to chase mullet it wasnt so productive and as I was driving past Kelso there was surface action everywhere, so I decided yeah ill fish that and ended up with jews lol !!

Heading down tonight bro, pm if your interested !!

Cheers

Ahh dude I see ya caught not just one but two! Congrats man people would kill (such as me) to crack the metre mark. Well deserved wish I could go back to fishing :( but uni calls.

Heheh when i caught the first one i was like OMG my first jewy , then the next that was over the 1m mark I was like WOW this is UNREAL !!

Great work on landing ur 1st jews mate.cracker fish.u sure hav put in the hrs.once u crack the jew pattern on tides & feeding times in local waters,more wil surely come & alot more easier,hopefuly.lol.good onya jez,enjoy the feed.thyr my fav eatn fish,especially in the 5-12kg range.cheers johnny. P.s. Stil waitn 4 that txt mate.lol.

Great work on landing ur 1st jews mate.cracker fish.u sure hav put in the hrs.once u crack the jew pattern on tides & feeding times in local waters,more wil surely come & alot more easier,hopefuly.lol.good onya jez,enjoy the feed.thyr my fav eatn fish,especially in the 5-12kg range.cheers johnny. P.s. Stil waitn 4 that txt mate.lol.

Yeah bro it was the first time I ever tried jewfish as well. I thought im not buying the fish im gonna catch it then eat it. Had it last night lightly fried in salt and pepper flour was beautiful !!

Sorry bout the late reply just got a new phone so probably have to resend a msg or what not.

Heading out tonight though same place if your up for a fish matey, pm me.

Cheers

Top work :thumbup: Great fish and by the sounds of it well deserved. Jew fishing is a dangerous addiction and there is nothing like your fist Jews to lock you into a life of long,cold, wet nights spent sitting watching the rods and waiting for that big run. They are definitely on big time at the moment in just about all the systems so keep at them over the next month or two until the water starts to cool.

Richard

yep becareful what you wish for

on ya mate good stuff

101cm was the measurement in length although she was alot fatter then most jewy's I have seen caught via my mates of similar size, I would estimate about 10-11kg maybe!

Mate, Nice fish for your first Jew. Judging by a 110cm jew (11.2kg) i caught last week on plastics i'd say your fish would be a smidge under 10kg (depending on the thickness). Over 100cm they just get exponentially heavier (figuratively speaking). A mate landed a 122cm Jew that went 22.3kg, only 12cm longer than my fish but twice the weight.

Very nice fish for getting your Jew cherry popped.

Mate, Nice fish for your first Jew. Judging by a 110cm jew (11.2kg) i caught last week on plastics i'd say your fish would be a smidge under 10kg (depending on the thickness). Over 100cm they just get exponentially heavier (figuratively speaking). A mate landed a 122cm Jew that went 22.3kg, only 12cm longer than my fish but twice the weight.

Very nice fish for getting your Jew cherry popped.

Yeah i guessed 10-11kg because it was 101cm but it was alot fatter then alot of my mates jew's that they have caught in the same size range. For example mate of mine caught a 9.5kg 100cm jewy last week, only difference is mine is twice the thickness of his. Hence why i was guessing easily 10kg-11kg. Maybe im wrong maybe im right, but im fairly sure she goes past the 10kg mark. If it helps 1 fillet i got at home weigh's about 3.5-4kg so times that by 2 and then extra for the head and tail is close to 10-11kg.

But yes jew cherry has officially broken, aint no virgin now :P , actually it was a 68cm jewy that popped my cherry hehe the 101 jus made my day/night/day/night/day !

cheers bud

Edited by Mr.KingSpooled

Can I ask what rig did you use?

pretty simple 2 hook snell rig on a sliding sinker ! Its hard to explain so heres my crappy diagram ! By the way you can always substitute the first swivel for an allbright braid to mono connection. I would much rather use a sliding snell rig, only problem is when i tie the sliding snell it seems to come apart after a cast or 2 so i dont trust it till i learn how to tie it properly so just a standard fixed 2 hook snell rig is my way to go !

post-18263-059845600 1302215904_thumb.jpg

Hope this helped mate,

Jez

i went past there on my way home from work....boats anchored up, punters everywhere too....

just like flies to a turd!.... :1prop:

Lol your not wrong there at all matey, even my tackle shop guy was like Hey did you hear about that guy who caught the 10kg+ Jewy from the beach the other day, i laughed im like yeah it was me and he's like oh really, a few blokes were in here earlier saying one of there mates caught it and there going down for a go again lol.. i laughed !! I got another nice run there but didnt land the fish, it was packed so many lines every where ended up getting tangled more then anything so packed up n went home !

After reading your post I went out there on Thursday morning (day off). Fished there from 6-8am.

Just to back Jez's story... found this on the beach.... :thumbup:

post-8961-088897800 1302240398_thumb.jpg

Anyways... Fished from 6-8am. chasing the turn of the tide. Waiting patiently over an hour, I see the 13" ft rod tip bend and bbbzzzzzzzzZ! Dropped the flick stick I was playing around with and ran for life!!! After my last trip targeting them and making my mistake of leaving the baitrunner in freespool and striking, I told myself to wait for at least 3 runs and make sure the the lever was in gear! Bbbbzzzzzzzz.. stop! my hands are shaking and heart pumping like crazy! wait.. wait.. bbbzzzzzzzzz! BAM! I feel weight but not heavy as I thought it should be? after a quick fight, this comes in...

post-8961-009381800 1302241754_thumb.jpg

Good sign but not what I was after! Took a couple of snaps and let him go. Have caught school jews before but after that big thumper!

Waited for another 30-40 mins hoping a bigger fella would come out and play but nothing!

Wanting to catch fish, I decided to go for a drive to Garie beach and fish for a couple of hours. :thumbup:

post-8961-076063000 1302242069_thumb.jpgpost-8961-007503600 1302242093_thumb.jpg

Still chasing that big one!

:)

Phil

Yep most definately persistence is the key, lol my parents heard I knew I caught it, almost wasnt an option not too share lol :)

Cmon matey get out there :P

Great report and congrates on the fish mate. yeah im hanging to get out there but just too busy at the moment,, Boats nearly tweaked and ready to go so i hope im not to late to get amongst them .

Edited by Macnaz

After reading your post I went out there on Thursday morning (day off). Fished there from 6-8am.

Just to back Jez's story... found this on the beach.... :thumbup:

post-8961-088897800 1302240398_thumb.jpg

Anyways... Fished from 6-8am. chasing the turn of the tide. Waiting patiently over an hour, I see the 13" ft rod tip bend and bbbzzzzzzzzZ! Dropped the flick stick I was playing around with and ran for life!!! After my last trip targeting them and making my mistake of leaving the baitrunner in freespool and striking, I told myself to wait for at least 3 runs and make sure the the lever was in gear! Bbbbzzzzzzzz.. stop! my hands are shaking and heart pumping like crazy! wait.. wait.. bbbzzzzzzzzz! BAM! I feel weight but not heavy as I thought it should be? after a quick fight, this comes in...

post-8961-009381800 1302241754_thumb.jpg

Good sign but not what I was after! Took a couple of snaps and let him go. Have caught school jews before but after that big thumper!

Waited for another 30-40 mins hoping a bigger fella would come out and play but nothing!

Wanting to catch fish, I decided to go for a drive to Garie beach and fish for a couple of hours. :thumbup:

post-8961-076063000 1302242069_thumb.jpgpost-8961-007503600 1302242093_thumb.jpg

Still chasing that big one!

:)

Phil

Nicely done man !!! See they are there lol ! I think the bigger ones come out to play in the more darker hours of the morning and arvo but still you got one there BOOOYA SCORE!!! man i wish i could have had the day off i would come with ya !! But well done at Garie beach man I might have to do a morning beach fish this weekend lol :P

All in all good stuff bro !!