Hawkesbury 090411

cut_loose

Hey fellas..

Did another Hawkesbury trip today, i got to admit i really like it, it's a beautiful place, the only thing is there is so much god damn water, hard to find the fishy spots

Left at 4:30am with bugger all sleep, picked dads mate up and got down the ramp about 6:00am.

We only had around 10 Live Poddy Mullet, and about 10 Dead Poddy Mullet for bait, and some Tailor strips from the fish i got last week.

We headed straight up to Lion Island and drifted around for around 2 hours, there was no Flatties at all around, nothing would touch any bait until all of a sudden my rod with the poddy goes off, heavy weight i was thinking maybe it's a Jew, but nope, looks like a big Flattie now ! oh.... wait, it's a ray D:

Photo0260.jpg

About 20 minutes later i said to dad let's move to Flint & Steel, then out of no where Salmon schools started busting the surface..

Got a few cast in with my Squidgy Flick Bait, hit, hit, bump..

Finally hooked one up not long later, it was a 50cm Salmon and put a great fight up on a 2-4kg stick with 10lb line

Photo0261.jpg

Photo0263.jpg

We made a move and fished for a few hours near Flint & Steel for nothing

I said lets try near the heads just for about 30 minutes, sure enough i hooked and landed a Rat Kingie, only 50cm but still a great fight on a 2-4kg stick and 10lb line..

Photo0271.jpg

Photo0267.jpg

We fished alot of ground for little result but it's better then nothing

Photo0272.jpg

Tried around Danger Island, a few channels, but nothing else seemed to be around, oh well.

Fishing the Pirtek Fishing Challenge tomorrow, might try Hacking with some freshly pumped nippers, wish me luck

Edited by cut_loose

Hey fellas..

Did another Hawkesbury trip today, i got to admit i really like it, it's a beautiful place, the only thing is there is so much god damn water, hard to find the fishy spots

Left at 4:30am with bugger all sleep, picked dads mate up and got down the ramp about 6:00am.

We only had around 10 Live Poddy Mullet, and about 10 Dead Poddy Mullet for bait, and some Tailor strips from the fish i got last week.

We headed straight up to Lion Island and drifted around for around 2 hours, there was no Flatties at all around, nothing would touch any bait until all of a sudden my rod with the poddy goes off, heavy weight i was thinking maybe it's a Jew, but nope, looks like a big Flattie now ! oh.... wait, it's a ray D:

Photo0260.jpg

About 20 minutes later i said to dad let's move to Flint & Steel, then out of no where Salmon schools started busting the surface..

Got a few cast in with my Squidgy Flick Bait, hit, hit, bump..

Finally hooked one up not long later, it was a 50cm Salmon and put a great fight up on a 2-4kg stick with 10lb line

Photo0261.jpg

Photo0263.jpg

We made a move and fished for a few hours near Flint & Steel for nothing

I said lets try near the heads just for about 30 minutes, sure enough i hooked and landed a Rat Kingie, only 50cm but still a great fight on a 2-4kg stick and 10lb line..

Photo0271.jpg

Photo0267.jpg

We fished alot of ground for little result but it's better then nothing

Photo0272.jpg

Tried around Danger Island, a few channels, but nothing else seemed to be around, oh well.

Fishing the Pirtek Fishing Challenge tomorrow, might try Hacking with some freshly pumped nippers, wish me luck

Looks like you all had a great day on the water.

Hope you did well mate in the pirtek challenge :thumbup:

chris.

Thanks guys, it is a beautiful place and i think it's going to be my new haunt for a few months :1fishing1:

I never get sick of driving the boat around the corner about 7 in the morning, sunny, calm and seeing all the boats at Flint and Steel and other locations, Lion Island, just can't explain it, so relaxing, might have to get a video of it