Mac Tuna & Bonitos

Big Berg

Go fellow raiders. I went for a quick fishing session yesterday at Hill 60 and managed to pull in 2 Bonitos and a Mac Tuna. I don't usually eat these fish so I was wondering whether I am better off using them as bait or eating them. My in-laws seem to love them but they are well stocked from my last fishing trip.

What do you guys recommend?

If I were to use them as bait what would be the target species. I don't have a boat so I'm restricted to land.

Ant suggestions?

G'day mate,

Had a fishing trip down to bermagui not to long ago and to cut a long story short - speaking to the fishing club president down there said he never uses bonnies as bait anymore since he was told how to cook them. Here's the problem, after putting away 16 beers :beersmile: i kind of forget the most important bit "how to cook them". I know he mentioned something about the bbq and making sure you bleed them straight away if your going to eat them.

I'll try to find out from a member of the club and get back to re: how to cook, might take a couple of weeks but i'll def. find out.

Cheers

Pete.

Thanks guys. I tried the mac sashimi style and it was awesome. I bled it pretty well but still found some areas still a little bit bloody. Can anyone please give me some pointers on what the best way to bleed these fish are. I usually just cut through the gills and let them flap around in my keeper net until they are dead.