New Jigging outfit

PRED-ATOR

Hey guys,

just bought a new jigging outfit which i believe is a great value for money. Have not tested it out yet but would love to get everyones view or experience or what they have heard. Would love to know all i can about it, i have done my own research before buying but doesnt hurt to have user info and experiences.

I bought the new okuma salina II jigging rod in 24KG,

With the Daiwa saltist spin 6000

loaded with 80LB Fins Braid

Was cheap and looks the good compared to my other more expensive jiggin outfits.

Cheers, Stan

nice outfit

the reel does seem a little out of place tho

its rated to 15kg of drag but in reality its more like 10kg

so you wont be using the rod or braids full potential

some thing like the okuma salina II would of been a better match

dont get me wrong its still a good outfit and will stop most fish that happen to jump onto one of your jigs :1fishing1:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

just bought a new jigging outfit which i believe is a great value for money. Have not tested it out yet but would love to get everyones view or experience or what they have heard. Would love to know all i can about it, i have done my own research before buying but doesnt hurt to have user info and experiences.

I bought the new okuma salina II jigging rod in 24KG,

With the Daiwa saltist spin 6000

loaded with 80LB Fins Braid

Was cheap and looks the good compared to my other more expensive jiggin outfits.

Cheers, Stan

Totally agree with the salina II high speed, i got 2 of them and have given them plenty action on GT's at cairns......along with alot of other big fish, loaded up with 80lb just quality.....

The outfit is perfectly fine for jigging. But as someone mentioned above. You'll need a mean fish to give your rod and reel a good run. In Sydney, it might be a bit overkill but if you wanted to take it up north or some place like WA then yea. A GT would make your Saltist scream and give the rod a sex load.