culburra

mike82

Is anyone heading around the culburra area over easter? Not sure wether to take the boat, canoe or hit the beach?

Weather is starting to look a bit sus. If the weather looks good and i take the boat, might have a spare spot.

Will be going down there for the first time this Easter. Don't know the area but staying with friends on the beach. 8yr old son is keen to try beach fishing so will stick to that for the weekend. If the weather works out would like to give him a few hours at night but being only 8 patience may be the issue.

Will be going down there for the first time this Easter. Don't know the area but staying with friends on the beach. 8yr old son is keen to try beach fishing so will stick to that for the weekend. If the weather works out would like to give him a few hours at night but being only 8 patience may be the issue.

I Have been down there the last two years at easter. got some nice snapper off the reefs in the boat and some flattys in the canoe but have never fished the beach.

I know what you mean about the patience, I regularly fish with a mate and his 7 year old daughter. In the boat its easy to drive and change spots or grab some yakkers, not sure how you will go on the beach at night for entertainment between bites! Still he is at an age that he (and you) will enjoy and remember the trip! Good luck!

Yeah not sure if its off those rocks aquaman. But if you hit up the ***********, they are in the know. I took their advice on another location, St Georges Basin and it came up trumps with a catch of flatties off the shore.

Edited by Fezza
non sponsor link removed. Pm details.

Just a quick question. Seeing I've never fished down there before, is there any Marine Park or restricted area to avoid.

Dont think so but not 100%.

I will call into the local tackle store and enquire though, they have been quite good to talk to the last few times I have been down there.

Heading down tomorrow arvo with the :wife: and 2 year old son. Could be an interesting trip :wacko: Probably will need a fish by the time I get there!