Vic Tuna report

Yarraone

i just got an email with a report of big blue fin tuna in VIC.... :thumbup::1yikes:

APOLLO BAY

On Sunday, the barrels rolled into town and Daniel Kent and crew landed a massive and impressive 153.5kg Blue fin tuna. It took 4.5hours to land, the hook up was at 2.30pm and the fish wasn't on the gaff until complete darkness had fallen. The fish was caught on a Rapala Xrap and Daniel reports there was a whole school of big fish busting up.

post-6381-042530700 1303299390_thumb.jpg

James Evans, son of Steve from Bag Out Fishing Charters did the impossible and did what only some can ever dream of. James came into the shop on Sunday to pick up some last minute gear and tell us he was on the way to Apollo Bay to catch a 100kg barrel.

We said "you taking the charter boat"? He replied with "no I'm going down on my own fishing out of my 5.5m tinny". Anyway late Tuesday night we got a call. James had caught and landed an estimated 110kg-120kg blue fin tuna by himself out of a tinny.

He fought the fish for 3 hours and 17 minutes and when he finally sank the gaff into it he could do nothing more than just hold it there until help arrived because he was that exhausted. The giant was taken on a Rapala Xrap in blue mackerel. Mate great effort and to do it all by yourself in a small boat is a great achievement.

post-6381-090729200 1303299423_thumb.jpg

THESE ARE WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF... :1yikes:

Edited by yarraone