Help with flathead on soft plastic

andy123

i wanted to start to use soft plastic and try to catch a Flathead on one as they are one of the most easiest to catch on soft plastic (you can see i did a bit of research there). But i don't know where to start so i went to the shops and got so squidgy slick rigs in yakka colour with that s factor tube, There already pre-rigged which makes it easier. Now can anyone please suggest a place to try that won't snag them and i might at least catch one, i prefer to fish somewhere close to home. i live in Bankstown, maybe somewhere along the Georges river.

Thanks Andy

Try along the shore at Brighton/Ramsgate/Dolls Point on a runout tide.

If you want a longer journey and a day out with the girl friend, Kurnell along Silvers Beach between the groins produces regularly.

Pete

Im not too confident that the upper Georges region fishes well for flatties. Fished the upper region countless times and have only ever managed a handfull of flatties. Usually bream,whiting and jews. Got to admit though the whiting are quite large lol. Also collosal mullet !!! But yeah still give it a go bream and whiting take plastics and i dont see why they cant work ! Maybe something in a prawn shape and in a White pearl colour should do the trick with a light jig head, but some parts of the georges has a fairly heavy current and sometimes too light means you dont make bottom ! So take a variety of jig heads with yah some leader and few packs of plastics and you should be well on your way. Maybe even take a spare spool for your reel just incase a big jew decides to put a stop to your plastic flickin action !!!

Cheers,

jez