Shimano Reel Drag Servicing

Just on my desk cleaning my Twin Power 1000. I took all the drag washers out as the drag was a little 'sticky'. I have lubes all the drag washers along with some 'cloth like' drag washers. Just wondering if it would be time to replace these 'cloth like' washers if the reel is heavily used.

Not sure if anyone knows the answer, but Shimano. Would love to hear some feedback on how to get my reels as smooth as new. I am using the shimano oil right now, cause I am not too sure what else would be preferable.

Cheers

Squidboy

Just on my desk cleaning my Twin Power 1000. I took all the drag washers out as the drag was a little 'sticky'. I have lubes all the drag washers along with some 'cloth like' drag washers. Just wondering if it would be time to replace these 'cloth like' washers if the reel is heavily used.

Not sure if anyone knows the answer, but Shimano. Would love to hear some feedback on how to get my reels as smooth as new. I am using the shimano oil right now, cause I am not too sure what else would be preferable.

Cheers

Squidboy

You mentioned your using Shimano oil, are you using this for the bearings or on the whole reel? For the drag I'd recommend using cals grease or Shimano ace 2 grease, and a marine grade blue grease for the internals. Oil is not recommended for the gears and drag where grease has been used. As already said carbonex drags are the way to go.