suggestions on where to fish

pure spirit

Thinking of doing a night mission on wednesday night from either roseville or bobbin head ramp. Would like some suggestions.equiped for anything from bream to shark, but was thinking jews at night and have a last shot at kings in the morning. Was thinking of fishing the harbour side of the spit bridge on the run in tide which i think will be around 9pm. I'm going to spend the night out and would rather not spend the night motoring around or putting up with huge amounts of wake as people speed by. I normally leave out livies once i bed down.

look foward to hearing your ideas.

n

Thinking of doing a night mission on wednesday night from either roseville or bobbin head ramp. Would like some suggestions.equiped for anything from bream to shark, but was thinking jews at night and have a last shot at kings in the morning. Was thinking of fishing the harbour side of the spit bridge on the run in tide which i think will be around 9pm. I'm going to spend the night out and would rather not spend the night motoring around or putting up with huge amounts of wake as people speed by. I normally leave out livies once i bed down.

look foward to hearing your ideas.

n

Hi pure spirit If I was to fish Middle Habour during a run in tide I would allow about 2 hours for the run in tide to pick up thereby giving potential incoming jewfish schoools enough time to come into lower Middle Harbour. In saying that I would not fish upper Middle Harbour due to the lack of results up there for so long now as far as jewfish of breeding size (7-12kilos and upwards are concerned). I believe the shortage of breeding size jewfish in upper Middle Harbour has been put down to water quality due to a run off problem not recovering well enough and worsening after rain. During a run in tide I would fish in the 80 foot of water near the marina anchoring behind the last moored boat adjacent to the rowers club. This is also a good landbased spot and to describe it better you would drive into the park which is situated just on the Sydney side of spit bridge and park along the track just before you get to the rowers club. If you were boat fishing you would anchor in a good average position where you would be taking a medial line behind a group of moored boats as if waiting for jewfish food to come out with the water flow. My father taught me many years ago - If you can't catch jewfish you should at least try and think like them :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Hi pure spirit If I was to fish Middle Habour during a run in tide I would allow about 2 hours for the run in tide to pick up thereby giving potential incoming jewfish schoools enough time to come into lower Middle Harbour. In saying that I would not fish upper Middle Harbour due to the lack of results up there for so long now as far as jewfish of breeding size (7-12kilos and upwards are concerned). I believe the shortage of breeding size jewfish in upper Middle Harbour has been put down to water quality due to a run off problem not recovering well enough and worsening after rain. During a run in tide I would fish in the 80 foot of water near the marina anchoring behind the last moored boat adjacent to the rowers club. This is also a good landbased spot and to describe it better you would drive into the park which is situated just on the Sydney side of spit bridge and park along the track just before you get to the rowers club. If you were boat fishing you would anchor in a good average position where you would be taking a medial line behind a group of moored boats as if waiting for jewfish food to come out with the water flow. My father taught me many years ago - If you can't catch jewfish you should at least try and think like them :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Thanks Jewgaffer, i'll have a look around there, I normally fish on the ocean side of the bridge and let the tide run my baits over the holes there but it's been a bit hit and miss...so it will be good to give a new spot a shot, totally agree with your timings would plan on collecting live bait on dusk then being in place well before the high tide then fish the run out as well.

P.S Your father sounds like a smart man !!

Edited by pure spirit