Hawkesbury live bait?

mattyv86

Gday Raiders Im a Windsor fella heading down Wisemans Ferry for a night fish in the hope of landing myself a jewy. Ive tried before with Hawkesbury prawns but ive been told Live bait such as poddy mullet is the go. If anyone knows any spots or techniques on catching the little suckers i would greatley appreciate any info.I will be landbased but am willing to travel or trek a bit if i have to.Thanks heaps.

mate try peeling the prawns and if they are a little on the small size use 2 slid up the hook. The difference between peeled and unpeeled will amaze you. If there are not many bites change the prawns about every 15mins or so, you will notice that the prawns will change colour after this amount of time from a clear/translucent colour to a white colour and they definately work better fresh and translucent.Ive caught a lot of jew from wisemans over the years and peeled prawns are the go! and this is the prime time of year to get jew at wisemans.Dont underestimate the public wharf at wisemans for a good night time landbased spot or the beach on the bend just upstream from the ferry on a run in tide ( fish closest to the bend). If you are determined to fish with livies, why not spend some time catching small mullet from the wharf at windsor and transport them down in an arerated esky? there are usually plenty there.

good luck, hope this helps.

pete.

Edited by tide'n'knots

mate try peeling the prawns and if they are a little on the small size use 2 slid up the hook. The difference between peeled and unpeeled will amaze you. If there are not many bites change the prawns about every 15mins or so, you will notice that the prawns will change colour after this amount of time from a clear/translucent colour to a white colour and they definately work better fresh and translucent.Ive caught a lot of jew from wisemans over the years and peeled prawns are the go! and this is the prime time of year to get jew at wisemans.Dont underestimate the public wharf at wisemans for a good night time landbased spot or the beach on the bend just upstream from the ferry on a run in tide ( fish closest to the bend). If you are determined to fish with livies, why not spend some time catching small mullet from the wharf at windsor and transport them down in an arerated esky? there are usually plenty there.

good luck, hope this helps.

pete.

Thanks a lot for the input, ill definatley be giving it a go soon.