Where Is It

Fishlessmick

Guest Jocool
Is that a pro net in the first photo??

50227[/snapback]

Its a pro net Jethro. The 2 pics are linked. Have a look at the tall tree to the right of the big building. You will see the same tree in the next pic. The second pic shows them working on the net! :ranting2:

P.S. What chance does undersize fish stand if they are thrown back as the Pelicans watch! Not saying the pelicans don't deserve t eat, but if the pro's weren't there those under-size fish would live! :1badmood:

Edited by Jocool

I just read the top of the post....... "Where are these pro's rapeing".... I will have to pay more attention next time.

It has got to be Tuggerah Lakes......... I grew up on the lake and I have lost count of how many times I have seen pro nets set in less than 6 inhes of water.

They have a tendenancy to set the nets right along the edge of weed beds, which is like the nursery in the lake. Sure they will get a few good fish but the amount of small fish they catch is just ridicilous. And as Joe said what chance have they got with that many pelicans around. Its amazing there are still fish in the lake.

It makes no sense that both Brisbane Waters and Lake Macquarie (both huge systems) are Rec only and they can haul the guts out of Tuggerah Lake which is a small shallow system that has to fight to stay open to the ocean.

Anyway sorry for rattling on ............ My guess is still Long Jetty :1prop:

Close enough Jethro, the pros are netting the shoreline of the lake at Killarney vale

down the end of my street looking towards long jetty :thumbup: .

Your both right in that this area is like a nursery, when its high tide they set the net and wait for the tide to drop before clearing their nets. The amount off bycatch (sp) you see get thrown to the birds is shocking.As jethro said i dont know why the pros are still allowed to plunder the lake like this :ranting2: .

cheers

Mick

Guest Jocool
Here's what to do lads:

Take 10 minutes of your time and send the Minister responsible for this ridiculous situation and tell him what you think.

50417[/snapback]

Good point Iain. But make sure yoy tell him WHY you think that way. Point out the fact that even though they may be thrpwing back the juveniles...they won't live!

And pulling fish out of a nursery! Thats smart!

Here's what to do lads:

Take 10 minutes of your time and send the Minister responsible for this ridiculous situation and tell him what you think.

50417[/snapback]

I will give it a go. I have always whinged about what is happen in our lake and never done anything about it. I will do an email and see what sort of response I get.

Mick - Do you mind if I send him your photos??