Reel asthetics

rockfisherman

I had been rearing up to buy myself a Stella for ages, then last year I said:

" when the new Stella 1000 comes out, I'm gonna buy one!"

Then the new Stella 1000 came out, I looked at it and my passion fizzled.... I wasn't impressed, in fact I thought it looked quite ugly, I think the old one looked ALOT cooler...

Does any one share this view with me?

Mate have a look at the daiwa range if you're into aesthetics... You can "pimp" those ones. I reckon the most aesthetically pleasing reels would have to be the CI4 Stradics.... I own the 1000 and 2500, and love them to death... Not for the aesthetics, but the overall package... strong, smooth, light, and great value for money! (Shimano's also around the corner so nice and easy to get serviced)

Bugger the looks have you actually used one? I've got a new Stella and its the best reel I've ever owned.

I've had an Exist, A Steez, FD Stellas, New Certates etc the new Stella is better IMO.

Bugger the looks have you actually used one? I've got a new Stella and its the best reel I've ever owned.

I've had an Exist, A Steez, FD Stellas, New Certates etc the new Stella is better IMO.

Which Stella do you own mate???? Size and model...

I own the new FE Stella in the 2000 Size and I have used the 1000 FE as well.

FD is the previous model (2007) FE is the latest (2010)

I did a comparison of them on another forum (I'll do a copy and paste job and post it here)

Edited by Meh