keep blowinh fuses

healy39

just installed a lvr 250 lowrance vhf radio on my boat

wired it all up but as soon as i reconnect the terrminals on the battery the fuse to the radio blows

and i cant work out the reason behind it

do i need a bigger fuse in the power linkage closer to the battery to over come this problem???

cheers brent

If you keep blowing fuses , you dont replace them until you know why. You have a dead short somewhere in the circuit. What size fuse are you using? Have you wired it up correctly ( Red wire to the Positive , and Black wire to the negative?) It is probably something very simple , just recheck all of the connections you have made. I would think a 5 Amp fuse would be sufficient.

Ross

just installed a lvr 250 lowrance vhf radio on my boat

wired it all up but as soon as i reconnect the terrminals on the battery the fuse to the radio blows

and i cant work out the reason behind it

do i need a bigger fuse in the power linkage closer to the battery to over come this problem???

cheers brent

Blowing a fuse like that represents a dead short! have you wired it up right? also make sure wires are not touching any where!

all wired up correctly

positive to positive

negative to negative

am using 7 amp fuse which is to the specs in the users manual

i read somewhere else about having another 10amp fuse closer to the battery should stop the other fuse from blowing would this help??

cheers brent

I've gone back over it a dozen times positive is deffinetly connected straight to positive on battery terminal and negative straight to negative battery terminal still happening Really need this sorted so I can go chase kings in the morning all help is appreciated cheers brent

Problem solved wires coming from radio colours were opposite for some reason oh well all is working now

Thanks for the help

Brent

Edited by Nowrafisho