Hoodlums seem to be around atm!

rjc123

Hey guys,

a quick trip to the seafood market today and discovered the head of a MONSTER kingie. Would have been about 1.4m in length i think. This tempts me to get out on the water. This is the time for those kingie lovers to get out the big baits and put in the time to get one.

I am going to have to get out in the next couple of weeks for a bash on the kingies, salmon, tailor and maybe even a dory. Some may say that summer is the time but you get the real monsters in the cooler months if you ask me.

Not suprising really, most of our 1+ plus kings are taken in the colder months. Apparently the other week someone landed a nice 12.5kg fish at one of the spots we love to fish. Cant confirm this though, a good friend of ours informed us.

Dan

GAS BALLOONING TIME DOWN SOUTH COAST : )

Biggest kingies ive caught have been in the cooler months also, gas ballooning/live baiting down the south coast from land

Sounds like fun. Let me know when you are gonna go for a land based trip. I'm still itching to catch my first Kingy.

Ballooning sounds really fun. Is it the same as when ballooning with garfish for mackerel, tuna and cobia in nth nsw or qld?

Hey mack,

I would assume its the same. Pretty much the same rig as shark baiting but no wire trace. 5 years back we caught a kingie 20kg. Was the biggest king i had ever caught in my life, period. Ever since them ive never got them that big. After the fight i had to carry the bugger back to the car, 3k walk up the rocks LOL.

Berg will definately let you know mate : )