Favourite Blackfish Hook

fatfisherman

Hi everyone,

I am still quite new to the dark art even though I am a bit on the older side!

Any way I just thought it would be interesting to find out what all the other blackfishers are using in the hook department.

The two styles of hook I use are

1. Hayabusa MRS173

2. Mustad needle sneck 3331NPG (green hook)

in sizes 6 to 10 depending on conditions.

Cheers

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with luderick Angler on the Daichi being the best they definately increase your catch rate for sure but some of the old timers out there would never trade there old flattened shank snecks for any other hook out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waters and when there are small fish off the rocks I use the green Mustad needle snecks in a size 6

When there are bigger fish around and generally off the rocks I use the Mustad allrounder in a size 6

Very occasionally I will go to a size 8 sneck, but catch plenty of fish with the bigger hooks.

I also neither own or use a landing net for blackfish, so I don't really want to be depending on pissy little hooks.

Matt

Hi everyone,

I am still quite new to the dark art even though I am a bit on the older side!

Any way I just thought it would be interesting to find out what all the other blackfishers are using in the hook department.

The two styles of hook I use are

1. Hayabusa MRS173

2. Mustad needle sneck 3331NPG (green hook)

in sizes 6 to 10 depending on conditions.

Cheers

Jim

I use 6-8-10 size green sneck hooks by mustad in most situations but i also like the gamakatsu panfish hooks in a size 10 or 8, They are alot stronger gauge and their shape seems to hook up well. Especially if im fishing the lower harbour where im likely to encounter BIG blackfish or surgeons albeit in lesser numbers. Give them a go

Musty