The right Jighead + Hook positioning

rockfisherman

Hi Raiders

I need a little direction on hook positioning and Jighead type for a Squidgy pro range plastic.

Its the Flick bait type, tried to down load an image but its not working for some reason.

Any information would be appreciated.

Edited by rockfisherman

when rigging the hook should be exposed on the flat top side (longer fork part of the tail) i use tt jig heads with weight to suit depth and current.

When referring to hook positioning, I was talking about how far down the top would be best for the right balance of

hooking potential and tail action...

what size jigeads are you supposed to use for 5" and 7" shads?

I've got some jigs with 3/0 hooks for the 5" size shad but they just look like they are going to dominate the shad, and take all the life out of it - basically the look too big

what size jigeads are you supposed to use for 5" and 7" shads?

I've got some jigs with 3/0 hooks for the 5" size shad but they just look like they are going to dominate the shad, and take all the life out of it - basically the look too big

I was watching a segment on rigging Squidgies, and when starlo weaves the hook thru the plastic, it only goes 35-40% along the length of the body, so I suppose the same rule could apply to a flickbait.......