Do you believe in happy endings? Think again...

Hi

bung-o-meter is only an idea for someone who wants to implement it.

My thumb rule is I never undo the strap without double checking the bungs.

And before retrieval dirve off Check the Motor is up.

Thanks

BigKing

Yer thats a good one with the strap. I plan to stick the word BUNG on the strap to remind myself, or I could tattoo it on my hands, arms and forehead 0_o haha

Hi dpham,

I wouldn't be worried about the problems. I too have done my share of silly things, so many I started a thread to share a few. Have a read you'll feel better :)

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=53597

To add to my previous fun times, I put the boat in without the bung the other weekend. Had to take a swim off the jetty to put it back in then drift around while the bilge pump did it's job :074:

Its surprising how a half full hull refuses to get up on the plane!

Hi dpham,

I wouldn't be worried about the problems. I too have done my share of silly things, so many I started a thread to share a few. Have a read you'll feel better :)

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=53597

To add to my previous fun times, I put the boat in without the bung the other weekend. Had to take a swim off the jetty to put it back in then drift around while the bilge pump did it's job :074:

Its surprising how a half full hull refuses to get up on the plane!

LOL that is awesome!!! How funny is the rod holding petrol filling one LOL That is a pure gold thread =)

Mate if u cant swim wearing an inflatable pfd is a must.your life is too valuable.

Also make yourself a checklist for cross reference before depature.Include everthing eg

bungs,pfds,water, food, bait, fishing rods, tackle,knives,bucket, ice,sunnies, hat, wet weather gear, anchor , fuel, oil, first aid box,small emergency tool kit, map,torch, etc

Purchase a small padlock for the trailer hitch,so u cant miss hitch(padlock wont fit if not alligned)

Check trailer lights and wheel bearings!!!!

And check the latest weather

A couple of months ago I was at Burrendong Dam, and watched a you beaut ski boat,all chrome bells and whistles, a real poser and a handfull of dolly birds in designer gear onboard,launch from behind a chrome you beaut F250, more bells and whistles, chuck a u'ee after about 300 mtrs and come hurtling back to the ramp, chickies screaming, boat sinking, headless chook dash to get the trailer down before it sank,, or reached the more expensive parts of the motor. 2 little jets of water from the stern and the boat emerged, Yep, the bungs were out. it was hilarious at the time,(you had to be there) me and the missus nearly fell out of our tinny laughing but....... it could have been real bad. moreso at sea as the distances to shore can be bigger. at least you did it at night, not during a crowded day where the ramp would be crowded with rubberneckers and sniggerers.

I landed my tinny near the loading jetty at bass point one day and the swell caught me and pushed the tinny on top of me, I was having a real struggle, serious stuff, and.... everyone watched, the surfies, the scuba divers sitting about in their suits, a couple of other boaties watched. about 10 people just stood there watching. a kayaker was the only one to wade in and hep, 'you look like you could use a hand mate' ( thanks mate) so if you are in dificulty, you must make it known, shout out 'i need a hand anyone!'. though i was a bit busy at the time muttering 'Shi* Shi* shiiii* awe bu**er Shi*.

In the UK my Father was a volenteer coastguard, his main job was recovering bodies with the local copper, from the rocky areas of the shorline, having a punt style boat, he never recovered one that was wearing a lifejacket. I wouldn't even consider not wearing a lifejacket, all it takes is one good breath of water. or clout yourhead on the rail as you go over.

Edited by piratesgold