Help outside fishing

Benji-martin

Hi All,

Im new to these forums and just wondering if anyone can tell me some reef spots and kingfish techniques for out side fishing.

Im in the process of buying a new boat and should be mine on Saturday, it is a 525 savage centre console with a 115 mercury on the back so i can go out a bit with it.

I want to do fishing off the Hawkesbury and Harbour but do not have a clue where to start so just need some guide to some reefs off the Harbour and Hawkesbury and some kingfish spots and techniques because the kingfish are what i really want to start getting into and i figured this boat is the way to start.

G'day Shark,

The best way to get spots is to have a look at the many GPS marks available publicly.

here's a start

The Peak is a good place to start if you're after kings. There are literally hundreds of marks. Once you get them, add them to your GPS and once on the marks explore around with your sounder, marking waypoints on any spot that looks good.

Keep your eye on the sounder while you're travelling too. Most of everyone's very best spots aren't the ones listed publicly... or at least are particular areas of known grounds.

Cheers, Slinky