fishing around urunga

parso81

Hi, I am new to fishing and tring hard with not much success. I live in Bellingen and was hoping I could get some tips about fishing the area around urunga (species to target, times to go and anything that may help my fishing)

I would be very greatful for any help. (off the beach or bank)

Parso81

mate i spent a few years at urunga back in the 90's

Get some live poddy mullet and chuck off the breakwall

Get some soft plastics and go flcking up the lagoon

Pump yabbies, and chuck them anywhere.

You will get someting - Its a very healthy area, and when i went back to visit in 2004 the same tricks worked in the same areas

Hi, I am new to fishing and tring hard with not much success. I live in Bellingen and was hoping I could get some tips about fishing the area around urunga (species to target, times to go and anything that may help my fishing)

I would be very greatful for any help. (off the beach or bank)

Parso81

A friend of mine has a house at Nth Beach. He & a few friends have just returned from a weeks fishing trip.

I was supposed to go but unfortunatly was unable to attend due to being in hospital.

Needless to say I was not impressed considerinng the great weather , correct tides (mid day low) & as it turned out the fish were on the bite both in the river & on the beach.

Kulch has provided good information & should bring results.

The beach , normally fish the rising tide in the afternoon , gang hooks & pillies.

The guys were catching bream , flatties , salmon & a few taylor.

Fish the enterance sand flats on the run out , preferable by boat with nippers or pealed prawns.

Try drifting down a bait under a float

Bream & flatties further up the river . Take your crab trap as there are muddies around which can be laid from the bank.

There is a fishing map of the Bellingin / Kelang river.

AFN map 24 . Cost $6.99 + $ 7.00 postage / handling

http://www.afn.com.au/shop/scditem.asp?ProdID=638

Geoff

i

Edited by Geoff