Another Great Bream Session

Pongrass18ft

Hi Raiders

Hit my usual, the Port Hacking, last night for another bream session. Started a bit late, fishing on the out tide but was confident to get a few. Arriving at my usual spot baited and casted in my rods and found it very quiet in the first hour with only a few undersize fish and one keeper so decided to go in close to the rock ledges and fish right up close to them using floater baits. Over the next hour and a half I managed some more keeper bream losing quite a few very decent ones to the rocks. Water temperature last night was noticed to be very cold more so than the last trip. All decent fish were found to be right up close next to the rocks. Got out of the Hacking just before the rain started to come down heavy.

Not looking forward to the cold winter months :frozen::frozen::frozen:

Chris

post-13990-092354000 1306716239_thumb.jpg

That's a good catch for a short session Chris. :thumbup:

One of them looks like a real thumper! Shame you lost a few to the "rocks". Were you using really light gear?

Cheers

Peter

PS It feels like it's already winter to me! :frozen:

Hey Chris,

Lovely bag of bream you got.

Shame you have to go at night to find them....

Have to freeze for some fish...

Were you really casting unweighted baits at rocks or was it other structure?

I'm asking because I want to try some ideas in the bay this winter as all my summer spots are now shut down.

Winter is a time for experimentation and fossicking so I;m always open to ideas......

Tony

That's a good catch for a short session Chris. :thumbup:

One of them looks like a real thumper! Shame you lost a few to the "rocks". Were you using really light gear?

Cheers

Peter

PS It feels like it's already winter to me! :frozen:

Hi peter,along the rocks i use 20lb flurocarbon trace doubled at the end with one hook (SIZE 1)PLUS A GLOW BEAD i use large baits.

Some strikes last night were huge , going upstream on the run , the leader was no match to the oysters though on the rocks :ranting2:

Fishing in the channel 6lb is more than adequite , but couldn,t find them at all there last night.

chris

Hey Chris,

Lovely bag of bream you got.

Shame you have to go at night to find them....

Have to freeze for some fish...

Were you really casting unweighted baits at rocks or was it other structure?

I'm asking because I want to try some ideas in the bay this winter as all my summer spots are now shut down.

Winter is a time for experimentation and fossicking so I;m always open to ideas......

Tony

I prefer fishing into channels and drop offs close to there feeding grounds(sand bars,nipper grounds,mangroves)i use paternoster rig in these areas 28gm sinker.

Like last night i could only find them in close to the rocks , in this situation cast really close to the rocks unweighted and if there are bream around you,ll soon see drag screaming,make sure you use strong leader as the big ones grab and run hard.

Also put green glow beads on i never fish without them.

chris

You seem to be pulling in some nice bream recnetly chris. well done i have not yet got decent bream in the hacking seen some monsters though i just find them very hard to tempt. Do you think it is better fishing for them at night i havent given this a full hearted go.

cheers