Browns Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th June

Crusher

Ventured to Browns late morning today looking for fish for my better half and eldest son.

Heard on the radio of a 65kg fish taken in the morning, not sure by whom.

Trolled 2 jet heads and 2 bibless minows until 2:30 pm for 1 Striped Tuna. Suprised how few boats were out there today.

Started cubing at Browns for 2 Striped Tuna. Gave it away at 4:45pm. No sign of anything worthwhile.

Heard an SGFC boat had caught an Albacore and a Mako. Broadbill got 2 YFT to 25kg and lost a Striped Marlin.

The westerly had come up and didn't die off after dark, so we had a slow 3 1/2 hour trip back to Port Hacking in the dark.

Will almost certainly be out again tomorrow with new crew but home earlier before the westerly strengthens.

Bruce.

Edited by Crusher

Good work Hayden. The westerlys are making the trip home a long one. Assume you were in the 'small' boat?

We trolled for 6 hours today between 9am and 3pm for zeros.

We zig-zagged aong the shelf and then out to Browns and back.

Got back earlier than yesterday so as not to endure a long ride home.

Radio reports were 1 decent fish taken, a shark on one of the charter boats but not much else.

I'm now waiting for everyone else to tell me they are on in numbers or for calm seas before heading out again.

Bruce.

Edited by Crusher

Good work Hayden. The westerlys are making the trip home a long one. Assume you were in the 'small' boat?

We trolled for 6 hours today between 9am and 3pm for zeros.

We zig-zagged aong the shelf and then out to Browns and back.

Got back earlier than yesterday so as not to endure a long ride home.

Radio reports were 1 decent fish taken, a shark on one of the charter boats but not much else.

I'm now waiting for everyone else to tell me they are on in numbers or for calm seas before heading out again.

Bruce.

Hey crusher was that you waving this morning as you passed us on the shelf?

The boat I waved at was not the typical Gamefishing boat to see at Browns. More at home at harbour beaches, Towra or South West Arm. But you fish in whatever you've got.

I didn't see the Mad Mullet at all yesterday.

The coming weekend don't look promising weather wise.

Edited by Crusher

The boat I waved at was not the typical Gamefishing boat to see at Browns. More at home at harbour beaches, Towra or South West Arm. But you fish in whatever you've got.

I didn't see the Mad Mullet at all yesterday.

The coming weekend don't look promising weather wise.

Must have been someone else in a bar crusher crossing the shelf

we were not at browns.....looks crap for the next few days ;(