Motorised Trailer dolly, any good for slopes?

HH86

I'm on the ;lookout or a reasonably priced motorised dolly, too. In my case, my driveway is very steep. I drive up into the garage, then unhook the trailer and manhandle it across the flatter part of the driveway at the top, onto an extension slab I had laid off to the side, so that the boat and trailer sit parallel to the front of the house. I can just manage it on my own (if I remove the anchor, the fuel tank and all my fishing gear etc) but if I get a bigger boat or a little bit older, I'm sure I will struggle - it's nearly gotten away from me a few times...!

Baz

Baz My situation is very similar hence the purchase of a trailer mover. As mentioned in previous posts my unit has no shortage of power , the occusional problem is traction.

When I was looking around I considered the options of ride on mowers , quad bikes & electric golf carts.

I found anything half decent at that time was rather expensive & for me , there was the problem of a space to park it when not in use but this option is well worth considering if the $$$ are right & parking is not a problem.

There are a lot of trailer movers on the market & it is very much , buyer beware as there are some cheapies around & you get what you pay for.

The one I thought best was a brand called Towdog. The position of the tow ball provided good weight distrubition , hence good traction , also , they are remote controled.

They were being sold by a small marine place out Windsor way however checking the web they appear to be no longer available.

There is a second hand one on the web at less than 50% of a new unit but if it breakes down , parts may be a problem.

http://m.gumtree.com.au/v?adId=1025133106

Geoff