Jiggin for Kings

govomg

Hey Fella's

Just recently registered as a member after luking on the side for quite awhile.Just after some info on knife jigs or more importantly affordable ones that work, I have seen the prices on some online stores and I know you only get what you pay for but upwards towards $40 for jigs is abit much for me. The river to sea ones seem OK value as does the williamsons but do they work or do I need to buy the high priced ones. Cheers Mark

Hey mate,

Sometimes you will get increased strikes on a jig with a particular action. The action predominantly depends on the shape of the jig and where the centre of mass is located. For this reason it would be wise to have a couple of different styles in a couple of different colours.

I never bother with expensive jigs. You catch plenty of fish on cheaper alternatives and everytime a leatherjacket snips you off it won't hurt the wallet as much.

Hy Mate, where do you intend to fish and how deep, the river to sea jigs works great, but there are cheaper jigs out on the market. The cheap jigs do work good, i have been on jigging trip where guys next to me were using $30 jigs and not getting a strike while my $7 jig are braining them. Of Sydney i prefer using cheap jigs as you get bitten off by jackets alot so the cheaps one is lighter on the heap pocket, and most importantly they work. I prefer to work center weighted jigs in the 250g for Sydney.

the cheap jigs from online markets work fine

but i would change the assist hooks on them as most of them will fail on a decent fish

ive seen some that the assist cord is not even tied up its just glued

one of my fav jigs is the river2sea turkey slider which are pretty good on the pocket too