Trailer Inspection - Please help

PRED-ATOR

G'day Raiders,

This weekend i will be taking my trailer to the mechanics to get inspected for my pink slip. This will be the first time im taking a trailer to the mechanic and was wondering, will they inspect my trailer with my boat still on the trailer? I have nowhere to put the boat in the interim and do not want to put it on land.

Thanks in advance,

Stan

I do RTA inspections (Im not trying to drum up business!)

As long as the lights work, it isnt rusted, isnt bent out of shape, has good tyres and mudguards and the coupling is in good order you shouldnt have too many problems.

and yes no probs if the boat is still on there!

Anthony

Edited by idolz

As long as the lights work, it isnt rusted, isnt bent out of shape, has good tyres and mudguards and the coupling is in good order you shouldnt have too many problems.

Anthony

Thanks Anthony thats awesome

Anthony

Hope you don't mind me asking, but in regards to 'rust' what is considered passable and what isn't? Is all over 'pitting' or light surface rust acceptable and its only structural rust that is a risk of breakage that is an issue?

Thanks

Pink slip or blue slip?

Boat / box trailers don't need a pink slip right? Pink slip being a registration renewal inspection?

Depends on weight and whether it has brakes. I *think* above 750GVM and ANY braked trailer needs a yearly inspection - boat or box trailer. I'm sure someone will know accurate specifics.

Depends on weight and whether it has brakes. I *think* above 750GVM and ANY braked trailer needs a yearly inspection - boat or box trailer. I'm sure someone will know accurate specifics.

you do need a p/slip on every thing thats on the road,with or with out brakes,also it has to have vin number on the trailer

Pretty sure it only needs a pink slip if you have brakes.

My current trailer has brakes and needed an inspection, my old trailer didn't and I never had it inspected for 16 years, rego paper will tell you if you do or don't need an inspection.

=Hi Obeyl. You are correct and any trailer over five years old has to be pinked slipped. just went through it last monday. Cheers Rayp