2-4lb casting braid

PRED-ATOR

Hi Raiders,

In the process of putting together a new outfit for fishing bream/whiting/trevally e.t.c This set up will be used for luring exclusively from both my boat and landbased. The reel i will be using is the shimano stradic CI4 which has quite a small spool. I want to use 2-4lb braid i got my eye on 3lb especially.

On all my other light outfits i use zulu braid which comes from the makers of fins.

It casts ok but not light lures very well and it is on a balanced outfit.

What braids does anyone suggest for casting light hard bodies?

Keeping in mind i have not decided on what rod to get yet (some suggestions would also be nice here : )

Thanks Riaders

Hey Mate,

Check out Berkley Fireline - Its extremely thin and casts perfect! I use it on all my 2lb and 4lb outfits! :thumbup:

Cheers,

Mike

Hey mike, thats exactly the one i was very keen on! thanks for confirming that for me : )

How you been mate?

Too easy :thumbup:

This weather is very frustrating mate! Today looking good, but I will be at the Pharmacy Expo all arvo! Will fish all tomorrow and Sunday for sure!!

Cheers,

Mike

Yeah im at work now LOL but atleast i have internet access. Yeah i will be fishing sunday also. where you headed?

Been fishing Nitlon PE of late. Only decent braid my local has and after trying it I was very surprised on how good it is. I use to fish with stiff braids like F/L and Stren Microfuse in light but I find the nitlon better for knot strength and casting distance specially threw my Interlines. With the combo of using 2500 reels, interlines and Nitlon I don't get wind knots and tip wraps any more. I also like the Yellow line for visability for line and lure control.

Greg

sorry to throw a spanner into the works but the braid i use, diawa egi sensor white Si (egi is just because of the colour), is 10lb (so probably breaks at about 14), much thinner diameter than 4lb fireline, way softer, casts so much further than my fireline, and is looking like it will last me twice as long.

fireline has so much memory and that little bit of distance through the coils between your rod rip and your lure when its sinking make a world of difference to sensitivity.

go with a true PE line.

Hey

I use 4lb fireline crystal on my 1000 sized Shimano Soare. It is excellent - doesn't coil up like other lines and is nice and soft. I have seen some independent testing results of the 4lb line which stated that its average breaking strain was 11.8lb.

The only downside I have with it is that's its bloody hard to tie a knot in it in anything other than broad daylight - because its diameter is a fraction over 0.1mm which makes it hard to see. And I have very good eyesight.

Evets