Shimano Stradic 2500FI vs. Shimano Stradic 2500 CI4

PM79

I'm looking at putting together a setup purely for targeting squid and I was wondering if anyone on this forum has used both of those reels and can give me the pros and cons.

I know they're essentially the same reel, but I'm sure the new material and weight of the CI4 change the characteristics.

Going to match it up with a Shimano Sephia AU Egi rod.

hi mate have a look at the 1000fmlci4 its made for squid fishing and will match the rod perfict also the drag on 2500ci4 is a bit heavy for a squid to pull line off even with the drag on the lightest drag setting

Thanks for the link.

hi mate have a look at the 1000fmlci4 its made for squid fishing and will match the rod perfict also the drag on 2500ci4 is a bit heavy for a squid to pull line off even with the drag on the lightest drag setting

My original plan was to get a 1000 size but I decided to go up to a 2500 or 3000 so I could swap my reel between rods.

After reading a few topics and posts on here I've decided to go with the FI model, 65 grams weight difference isn't that big a deal for me and I want an extra spool without having to go buy one.

I was inspecting the 8ft sephia rod yesterday and while it was absolutely beautiful I've also been considering a Berkley Egi Master.

Edited by reLapse

After getting a better look at the Shimano Sehpia and looking at the Berkley Egi Master, Okuma X-Factor and some other egi rods I'm definitely be going with the Berkley Egi Master.

Without looking into the Japanese egi rods the Berkley Egi Master, in my opinion, seems to be the best of brand name egi rods available.

I'm kind of disappointed with the build quality of the Sephia as it's not as good as I initially thought, it's like the "deisnged by Ian Miller" label isn't carrying the weight it used to or shimano are slapping the label on any rod to garner a high price tag.

Edited by reLapse