Roseville

rjc123

Fished all day today at Roseville from 9:30 till 4:00 this afternoon. It was absolutely dead! The only action there was all day was a school of choppers busting up about 40m offshore. Couldn't tie on a metal fast enough and they were out of casing range by the timei got the lure on. Fished with Prawns, pilli and yakka fillets for zip. Just a 10cm bream :074: and a small catfish like thing that was tiny! On my yakka fillet i got a run at the end of the day and picked it up and there was just dead weight. Pulled back trying to see if it was a fish or not and bang! The line broke :mad3:!!! It was a big big fillet so it may have even been a bull shark.. any theories? I think ill give roseville a break for a while because i rarely pull a good fish out of these waters.

Tom

I was up there yesterday fishing off the rock on the picinic side as advised by Mack in my other thread, was just using pillies, and landed a small bream but not much action other than toadfish stealing my bait. session was cut short when the girlfriends took a dive out of her pocket onto the rock then into the water ending in tears !

I was up there yesterday fishing off the rock on the picinic side as advised by Mack in my other thread, was just using pillies, and landed a small bream but not much action other than toadfish stealing my bait. session was cut short when the girlfriends took a dive out of her pocket onto the rock then into the water ending in tears !

hmm, thats normally a good spot. Then again it is Winter and the fishing slows down alot. I normally fish over there but tried the other side today for not much success except for a suspected Bull Shark Encounter! When i fish the spot you were at i have one rod out with a prawn, one with some pilli/mullet/squid and i get the tentacles off the squid and chuck one or two out on the hook unweighted (only about 5 meters from the shore) and get trevally, Tailor and Lots of bream up to 30cm! I had a big hit on my squid rod last time i was there and i ended up pulling the hooks on what could have been my first BIG jewie! What a shame.... There is the odd Flathead on offer further down on a little beach!

Tom

Ah nice man, well we weren't there for very long to be honest, the whole fone incident cut things short unfortunately haha, guess we all know what the moral of this story is don't we ! I had 1 rod with a running sinker to a small swivel and about 50cm leader, all 4 lb mono, and the other was braid to swivel (don't know how to tie straight from braid to mono properly so took the safe option) no sinker but didn't get much joy with that one, I landed the bream after about 15 mins

Yeh bad luck mate, another option is to fish with a prawn and tiny split shot (type of tiny sinker) and you will bring leatherjackets into the mix too. Got a few last time i was out there!