stella 4000 FE

AndrewNR

congrats on the new reel mate and happy birthday,ive got the same problem i just bought the stella fe 2500 which im putting 15lb braid powerpro,but struggling with the rod cause i dont want to rush into it,i want to have the perfect match..are you gonna be useing plastics or bait??

had a lot of t-curves. think they are the most overrated overpriced rods around.

check out the samurai reaction 302, there are plenty of other great snapper sticks out there for ya too. i reccon a good 20lb braid should be fine as long as you are good with an albright knot, and you want that casting distance for throwing unweighted stuggos into a bustup or wash.

also consider spending up on the braid. a combo like that deserves a premium japanese braid, not fireline.

i agree, t curves are overrated don't think i would buy another one, there are a few different Samaki rods that are a nice bit of kit, berkley also have a few that would suit nicely. otherwise you step up to a G.Loomis or custom rod.

Think I have narrowed it down to daiwa accu depth hyper 30lb braid (not cheap) and the tournament series tcurve 6-12kg. Got 2 other tcurves. A jig stick and a bream rod and they have been great. Will find out Friday if the combo is a good one but I guess the reel will make any combo good. Cheers Andrew.

Edited by cant catch any

6-12 lb or 6-12 kg? 6-12kg is pretty heavy for any kind of fish you would be targeting with 30lb braid on a 4000 reel. i suggest a barra or snapper stick, or if you want something amazing for throwing metals at schools, go a 8ft rod, like an egi rod.

The rod has a line rating of 6-12kg. 30lb is just over 13kg. The reels max drag is 11kg. I just want it to be a bit more flexible for some larger fish and with that setup and not waste type reels potential. i should be able to run 6kg drag no problems. I travel north a bit so it would be handy to have a little more grunt. I have a few setups already for 3-6kg, 5-8kg and 2-4kg and 24kg jig sticks. this one fills a hole in between. Thanks Andrew.